New things added to the new thing

MikeyD

45 minutes ago, Ryujin said:

I noticed we get the M901A1. Does that mean TOW2 falls in the timeframe if I understand correctly? I thought that was later.

TOW 2 was later, 1984/85 iirc? Don't quote me on that. The M901 in game has the I-TOW, which is still quite capable. 

44 minutes ago, dpabrams said:

I had always assumed that the M1, M3 and M2 units arrived in the J-Series. 

I believe this is generally correct, but there was some spill over. Plus I'm sure you know how organizational things are, they take time and tend to be a bit messy around the edges. The game timeline ends right before J series really kicked in, but we still wanted to include the M1 and M2s/3s, which were in Europe in small numbers by 82. 

Always room for future potential here too. 

For many reasons, I think CM:CW is going to be a huge hit. Very, very cool stuff! 😎

To help celebrate, I thought I'd post a pic of something the forum might get a kick out of:

army_helmet_2up.thumb.jpg.c835f8b9b7549a5b53b05fa049e7a173.jpg

1630131984_BDUsampler.jpg.f601e2266b6f80fd5d197142e540dfa7.thumb.jpg.805489cec2527bac35cfb5b9a7d06e6e.jpg

I bought this at the army surplus store at the dawn of the 80s when I was a kid. It's the last remnant of what was once a full, if rather eclectic uniform. Even had WWII-style leggings. All lost to the sands of time, except for this baby.  Spent many wonderful hours playing army with friends (who also had uniforms from the surplus store) out in the country wearing it.

I remember they had a box of rank patches and camo fabric scraps at the register when I paid. So, I bought one of the patches and sewed it on (looks like a little kid did it, doesn't it!). I always wore the fabric scraps as sun protectors for my neck ala Japanese soldiers of WWII. Never got around to sewing the edges to keep them from fraying.

I'm not sure of the production dates, but I'd guess they fall right within CM: CW. 🙂

19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

CM Cold War takes place on the cusp of big changes happening to both the American and Soviet armies. The arrival of Abrams and Bradley changes the nature of the fight in Europe. Also in this time frame we get a fashion change! See attached, the Americans switching to battle dress uniform. This is new-new art that's still not in the current Beta so you won't see it in any of the posted screenshots. Please forgive my crappy graphics card.

BDU sampler.jpg

I LOVE THIS ERA, pretty much my childhood..as my father was in USAF, constantly saw him in the BDU...looking lovely, can even notice the alice web gear, Question tho, will we see some amaerican troops using the M56 Webbing? 

Guest ACC1977
19 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct.  There is no code support for opening/extending a "launcher" type weapon.  Either we show it expanded and have it look strange on the back or we show it collapsed and have it look strange when fired.  Either way, it's going to look strange.

Steve

"Deployed" and "Undeployed" maybe?

16 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

I assume the AI as an opponent can't do that yet, correct?

16 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Don't think so, but all my play so far as been as US so I can't say for sure.

[edit - this was an answer to wood1, in case there is confusion - snuck in there between us.]

Simple workaround is to reduce the headcount of the squad and add an ATGM Team.....It's a slight cop-out, but from the player's perspective it works just fine (in a single player vs. AI only scenario, obviously).

54 minutes ago, akd said:

AI player should acquire carried weapon systems when dismounting.  Player must make the decision themselves.

OK, that is news to me.  I haven't built a scenario in quite a while.  So the AI will automatically take a few/some/all ammo and weapons on dismount?  I just want to make sure I'm clear.  Because last time I built a scenario a few years ago there was no way to make the AI do that and it was confirmed on the forums.

I'm a bit confused about how Dragon is allotted, actually. At first it was acqureable, then it was embedded in a mech inf squad with a selection choice of 'heavy', 'medium' or 'light' squads. Bear in mind the game's still being built so last Beta build's acqusition protocols may not be next Betas build's acquisition protocols.

29 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

OK, that is news to me.  I haven't built a scenario in quite a while.  So the AI will automatically take a few/some/all ammo and weapons on dismount? 

If they do it's new and nobody has mentioned it.....I'm in the editor every day and I don't have a scooby how to make them do it.