New things added to the new thing

MikeyD

CM Cold War takes place on the cusp of big changes happening to both the American and Soviet armies. The arrival of Abrams and Bradley changes the nature of the fight in Europe. Also in this time frame we get a fashion change! See attached, the Americans switching to battle dress uniform. This is new-new art that's still not in the current Beta so you won't see it in any of the posted screenshots. Please forgive my crappy graphics card.

BDU sampler.jpg

Edited by MikeyD

5 minutes ago, Gkenny said:

Awesome, but why is the LAW tube extended on the back of the guy on the right? Shouldn't it not be extended until its ready to be fired?

Always been that way since CMSF1.  Apparently there currently isn't a way to switch models between a carried weapon and a weapon in use. Wish they could find a workaround.

Edited by akd

14 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct.  There is no code support for opening/extending a "launcher" type weapon.  Either we show it expanded and have it look strange on the back or we show it collapsed and have it look strange when fired.  Either way, it's going to look strange.

Steve

That's unfortunate, but thanks for the information.

12 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct.  There is no code support for opening/extending a "launcher" type weapon.  Either we show it expanded and have it look strange on the back or we show it collapsed and have it look strange when fired.  Either way, it's going to look strange.

Steve

No way to just do model swap without animation?  They just teleport from back anyways.

7 minutes ago, akd said:

No way to just do model swap without animation?  They just teleport from back anyways.

I'm sure something like that could be done, in theory.  But since this has been an issue since CMSF1 days I'm guessing it's a bit more involved from a code standpoint. Still, now that we have three games using this type of weapon, not a bad idea to see if something can be done.

Steve

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

CM Cold War takes place on the cusp of big changes happening to both the American and Soviet armies. The arrival of Abrams and Bradley changes the nature of the fight in Europe. Also in this time frame we get a fashion change! See attached, the Americans switching to battle dress uniform. This is new-new art that's still not in the current Beta so you won't see it in any of the posted screenshots. Please forgive my crappy graphics card.

BDU sampler.jpg

Looking great!

Game engine 5 is in the future. They release Fire and Rubble module - BAM! They release Cold War - BAM! Then we see what comes after that. Its been a long time that they haven't been secretly juggling two or three (or more) projects at the same time. What's next on their to-do list (scratches head).

@37mm.....Check this out:

CEF10237-D12B-4EEB-8763-9F43ABF43273.jpe

Just needs a 90mm gun tube (& a cupola & riser if you want to be a total Trackhead about it).  B)

I hope this game sells so well that Battlefont will make modules both for different regions in the time period stated (Afghanistan, Iran etc.) and also for different time periods.....How would Conqueror & M103 have fared against the IS-3M hordes?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

BDU sampler.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by MikeyD

Looks really good! Will the soviets have a change in thier uniforms too?

36 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

A few fun screenshots for everyone:

QTLByFZ.jpg

The MG gunner seems to have an M16 slung over the shoulder. Is it a consequence of a buddy aid?

IIRC, the NVG of that timeframe were consuming batteries quite quickly and were easily blinded by flares. Is it simulated?

Also, could you please post a few candies about the Marksman rifle? :)

A weird thing about this timeframe. No US marksman rifle in the TO&E. The M14-based sniper rifle had its problems and wasn't considered a reliable weapon. Troops got sniper rifles only if HQ saw fit to dole them out on an as-needed basis. There was no trained marksman in the unit. Yeh, that kind'a shocked me too.

15 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

A weird thing about this timeframe. No US marksman rifle in the TO&E. The M14-based sniper rifle had its problems and wasn't considered a reliable weapon. Troops got sniper rifles only if HQ saw fit to dole them out on an as-needed basis. There was no trained marksman in the unit. Yeh, that kind'a shocked me too.

Good to know, thanks for the context Mike. I'm looking forward to check out if that means the SVD will give an edge to the REDFOR.