Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

10 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I guess we'll see. We'd hate to ruin your weekend but since it's very close we're not going to slow anything down.

I'd interpret BFC Elvis' reply as "very very" encouraging. Especially since today is the last day of April!

Edited by Vet 0369

40 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

I hear ya, although I'm about to quit Elite Odyssey Alpha. Phase 4 doesn't seem to have anything beyond Phase 3, and a lot more really annoying bugs. This is the last week of it anyway. Good concept, but too much PVP for me, and the threat levels in the missions are way out of sync with the actual missions. It'll be good to focus on CMCW instead.

I haven't tested phase 1-3 so I just want to look around a bit and prepare for release :) Not doing much PvP at all lately, had a good run in UO way back (preAoS) but I am old and slow now. Combat Mission works with PvP, I can take my time!

Personally I am looking forward to the more non combat stuff in Elite. But I do a bit of everything and just enjoy the game for what it is, still the best space "simulation" game for me personally since Frontier: Elite II.

On topic, yeah might not start up Elite at all if CMCW is released :) Why play non released games when you barely have time for released games!!

Two combat mission games (ok, one module and one base game) in 7 days must be a first?!

1 hour ago, JulianJ said:

Anybody know any more? I'm like a skittish kid on Xmas eve!

Most hints we've received point that it's STILL an April release, and since this is the last day of April... Wink wink hint hint.

Woops! Had to get up for a few minutes and didn't see Elvis had posted a reply already!

Edited by RescueToaster
Because I'm silly

Hey will a demo be released? I'm keen to check it out. I am a major WW2 fan of battlefront product but kind of fell off the modern stuff. It is definitely an era I am interested in though. The peer to peer battles, I won't feel so bad about casualties like SF2.

Thanks,  

9 minutes ago, Almac said:

Hey will a demo be released? I'm keen to check it out. I am a major WW2 fan of battlefront product but kind of fell off the modern stuff. It is definitely an era I am interested in though. The peer to peer battles, I won't feel so bad about casualties like SF2.

Thanks,  

Yes, there will be a demo. I'm not sure on the timeline for it but one will be available.

2 hours ago, Almac said:

Thanks,  

It was forty years ago mate .... how modern do you want to get 😏

I have a biased opinion but I think it is well worth a pop - 1979 era Soviets vs the same on the US side is not a huge leap of faith from WW2.  There are nuances for sure but nothing that can't be overcome.

2 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

It was forty years ago mate .... how modern do you want to get 😏

I have a biased opinion but I think it is well worth a pop - 1979 era Soviets vs the same on the US side is not a huge leap of faith from WW2.  There are nuances for sure but nothing that can't be overcome.

Damn Russian helicopters...