Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

Thanks to BFCElvis, was able to sort out PW issue and pre-order CMCW, with the DVD. Was wondering why it cost so much money ($10)  to ship a single DVD in its case? Regardless, am posting link to product page on FB and tagging some friends who might be interested.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

5 hours ago, NeoOhm said:

Coffee *Check! 
Beer *Check!
Wife going to Friends *Check!

Edit

Wife bringing kids with her *Check!

Pizza ordered. Bottle of red wine breathing. Wife off to her parents (not permanently, mind you). Long weekend ahead thanks to His Majesty, the King. Fire and Rubble released.

Life is good. 🙂

32 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Really, MJ. I'm a bloody fool, you don't know how much I longed for this moment.

Boys and their toys...

Given you have longed for this sooooo long, it would be interesting to hear which part of the module that was most rewarding for you. That was most worth the wait.

29 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Lol, we’re all bloody fools, or we wouldn’t be grownups playing war games on computers! Have a good one!

We're not fools, we are the only sane ones. Challenging our ageing brains with complex strategy games is an excellent way to keep them in shape. And that is a proven fact. 

13 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Given you have longed for this sooooo long, it would be interesting to hear which part of the module that was most rewarding for you. That was most worth the wait.

So much to chose from! But if I have to chose it's the possibility to fight in autumn and winter conditions with infantry and Volksgrenadiers in East Prussia. I'm planning on making a series of battles on the actions in and around towns like Goldap, Schirwindt and Gumbinnen with the 1st and 50th infantry division.

Work has already started. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

Just got finished playing FR Block Buster.  Threw my Soviets into the city against a bunch of Volks.  Lost all three tanks but came out with a total victory.  Street fighting is some butal stuff.  Yeah I'm still a kid somewhat at 60 years of age.  But I think rocketman is right keeps my mind working these tactical issues.  It's not pong or some brainless BS.

58 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

When they are good enough I will share, MJ. But I'm lousy when it comes to AI plans and stuff. We will see. 

I hear you. I have the same problem...I keep VPs simple for my own stuff, and don't bother with a briefing of course. I don't care if I win, just enjoy the experience regardless.

38 minutes ago, Probus said:

Haven't checked yet. Do we already have F&R mods sitting out there awaiting download?  I mean, it's already been almost 24 hours since release!

Will be interresting to make a list to know which mods are already compatible with the new module !

(Sorry wrong threat)

I mean CMRT FR of course 🙄

Edited by JM Stuff

32 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Will be interresting to make a list to know which mods are already compatible with the new module !

(Sorry wrong threat)

I mean CMRT FR of course 🙄

So far the only mod I've seen any problem from is Aris Panther pack. It works fine in summer, spring and fall, but it tries to put a summer camo turret on whitewashed winter hulls. Other than that all my CMRT mods and the various other cross game mods (flame and smoke mods etc) are working just fine, and I have a LOT of mods installed. Of course nothing that is new with FR is modded at all.

Edited by Splinty

12 minutes ago, Splinty said:

So far the only mod I've seen any problem from is Aris Panther pack. It works fine in summer, spring and fall, but it tries to put a summer camo turret on whitewashed winter hulls. Other than that all my CMRT mods and the various other cross game mods (flame and smoke mods etc) are working just fine, and I have a LOT of mods installed. Of course nothing that is new with FR is modded at all.

Thanks you, this will help already, some of us.

I mean this will avoid perhaps to report some "bugs" !

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

I hear you. I have the same problem...I keep VPs simple for my own stuff, and don't bother with a briefing of course. I don't care if I win, just enjoy the experience regardless.

Same here, apart from the briefing. I love a good briefing, with as much details as possible, although it also should be readable and not too long.

I also will finish the scenario I've talked about some time ago. The AI plans will be kept simple and it will only be playable as Germans. The Russians are mainly dug in, so I only need to make some simple AI plans for some Russian tank platoons. That should be doable.

Edited by Aragorn2002

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm lousy when it comes to AI plans and stuff. We will see. 

If you ever have any questions or want something looked at shoot me a PM.  The AI is like most other things and becomes easier with experience.  It's fun and satisfying to figure how to make an AI group accomplish their assigned task within the larger mission.    

Just now, MOS:96B2P said:

If you ever have any questions or want something looked at shoot me a PM.  The AI is like most other things and becomes easier with experience.  It's fun and satisfying to figure how to make an AI group accomplish their assigned task within the larger mission.    

That's a generous offer I can't refuse. Thank you! As soon as I have adjusted my scenario I would highly appreciate it if you would be willing to take a look and advice me on some AI plans. 

I become concerned whenever I seen an over-enthused newbie announce their first scenario is going to be a historically accurate downtown Antwerp map, or something similar. Because I know they're going to burn out and never build another scenario. When starting out making scenarios start out small and simple and just for fun. Don't start out ambitious. Build yourself a couple playtime mini scenarios just to see the AI move the troops around the map, then work up from there. I'm especially concerned about Cold War. Green players will be attempting 3x5km maps first thing and its not gonna be pretty. :mellow: