Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

33 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Oh how I wish that game was still around. I sure spent a lot of hours with it. 

By still around I mean playable. I still have my copy but it’s just too small a window to use. 

I play it on Linux and FreeBSD under Wine, which offers upscaling. "Pure" Windows should offer something similar, no? Maybe VNC?

12 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Not sure. I haven't tried in quite a while because my new computer doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. I'm using Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro for my Windows games.

Dave

Parallels on the Mac should upscale. If you get can the game into the VM it will probably work fine.

Too bad Apple dropped all 32 bit support. TacOps was working fine under Wine, but now no 32 bit code can be executed short of a full virtual machine :mad:

2 hours ago, ratdeath said:

Maybe something like testing Slitherine's PBEM++ thingy for CMCW! :)

No. Not related to Cold War. I would expect 1 Cold War patch before we start seeing patches that include PBEM++. We hope that everyone participates in testing the PBEM++ feature but we want to make sure that those that don't have a fully realized copy of Cold War before we do. 

What I was hoping to send out tonight will have to wait. It isn't ready for primetime yet. And, like I said, it isn't related to Cold War anyway. 

I am guessing some Black Sea stuff is probably next -- NATO or US Marines perhaps?    A lot of the gear is already made in SF2, so the work would mostly be in making scenarios & campaigns (which I am sure is still a mountain of work).  Or maybe just battle pack w the existing forces?

I want NATO for CW but it seems that is gonna require a lot more work.  Warsaw pact nations have same gear & tactics to soviets so not that interesting IMO, although that would be a nice detail if added.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, mjkerner said:

So, BFC, what are you releasing next Friday?  I just want to clear my schedule...

So what'd I miss yesterday?  Did BFC release a patch to Final Blitzkrieg that lets you play any front starting with 1939 Poland? 😆

2 hours ago, Probus said:

So what'd I miss yesterday?  Did BFC release a patch to Final Blitzkrieg that lets you play any front starting with 1939 Poland? 😆

Worst. Day. Ever. for you to miss checking in! A one day only, one-in-a-million release; Sept. 1939 through August 1945. ALL theaters, including PTO, CBI and Finland! BFC figured they made enough yesterday that they decided to retire knowing we'd have enough CM goodies to last the rest of our lives. All of us here bought it, of course, but we were all commenting like "Where's Probus? Man is he gonna be pissed!"

Sorry bro.