Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

13 minutes ago, Bufo said:

You have to use offline mode.

How did you activate the BF version without an internet connection?

I activated it using my phone in tether mode, but we had an ice storm that knocked out our connection for several days.

14 hours ago, markus544 said:

Just gimmie the freaking game for god sake....And I will gladly give this forum crap a rest for a time....Long time..No offense to anyone.   But for pete sake....give this whole thing a rest.

Soon. It hasn’t been that long that no one even knew about this!😀

On 4/17/2021 at 5:30 PM, BFCElvis said:

No. And it has been talked about but no one in the conversation seemed interested in doing it. 🙂 Having people pay to beta test doesn't sit well with anyone. What will be released with Cold War will be a complete game that we hope will have no bugs or needed tweaks. We always strive for that.....sometimes when a game has hit the masses previously unspotted bugs appear and we pump out a hot patch. But we don't knowingly release something that has unfixed bugs and can't imagine a future where we do. And this is coming from a guy who can imagine flying cars, a Lobsters in Space game and carrying all of the world's knowledge in a small device in your pocket. ..........Oh, wait...About that last one.....

Ah, fair enough.  Bear in mind we live in a world where some people are happy to fund development and to help iron out wrinkles in the hope they get a better/sooner game at the end of the process (than not doing so), so maybe it will be reconsidered in the future.   And I'm still hoping for a natty silver suit to go with a flying car...

3 hours ago, Jabble said:

Ah, fair enough.  Bear in mind we live in a world where some people are happy to fund development and to help iron out wrinkles in the hope they get a better/sooner game at the end of the process (than not doing so), so maybe it will be reconsidered in the future.   And I'm still hoping for a natty silver suit to go with a flying car...

We did a public Beta for CMBO and based on that decided to never do it again.  We felt it slowed down finishing the game.

With Cold War we have a different situation.  The game is done in all respects except for the new PBEM system.  Getting feedback on that one part of the game should work out great for everybody.  This sort of feature needs a lot of people hammering on it under a huge variety of hardware and software combinations.

Steve

7 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

With Cold War we have a different situation.  The game is done in all respects except for the new PBEM system.  Getting feedback on that one part of the game should work out great for everybody.  This sort of feature needs a lot of people hammering on it under a huge variety of hardware and software combinations.

Steve

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Soon! 

We're entering the final phase of the "last minute details" phase of Cold War.  You guys would not believe how long it takes to make sure that all the Briefing graphics are in and correct, that the manual doesn't still have placeholder images, that troublesome canteen texture is finally fixed, etc.  There's thousands of details to make sure are correct and many of them don't get fixed until the end because people have concentrated on fixing the most important things first.  Worse, sometimes we all get used to something being wrong because we're focused on bigger things, then at the end someone says "oh yeah! I forgot about that boot texture being upside down" and yet another thing has to be fixed.

These little details are very important to people's perception of quality and completeness.  It is very dumb to take a game that's been 1-2 years in development and put it out with all kinds of glaring, but small, errors that could have been avoided with a couple of weeks more development time.

One of the reasons this process is slower than anybody wants it to be is we can't go making new builds every single day.  That's just not practical, especially with games that are often 4GB in size (i.e. just when the testers all finish downloading X we tell them Y is available?  Not good!).  Instead we test for a few days straight, let people have a chance to test and find problems, give us time to fix them, then release a new build, and repeat.

Steve

P.S.  Red Thunder is also in this last minute fix stage of development, but is at the end of that process.

26 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

tenor.gif

Technically, that is not a monkey.  But your point is taken.  In any case, we're not quite at F5 timeframe yet.

21 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

So if we now know that CMCW is in final phase of the 'last minute details, can we know when the 1st patch for it will be released? 🙃

Just for that, no soup for you!

:D

Steve

People may have the notion that BFC finishes a project then sits on it for a month or two while doing paperwork before release. No no no! 
Well... actually... for me Cold War is the closest that I've come to that. The art's all happily put to bed so I've been placidly sitting here watching everyone else run around like a proverbial one-armed paper hanger. Work, boys, WORK:P

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Dang.  I should watch more nature videos instead of firearms video (yes, I just watched two on the Erma).

Steve

Hint at a game that includes the Spanish? Spanish Civil War, or maybe very interestingly, the Ifni War? The Spanish could use some CM love haha.