Campaign WIP: Final Hope

Mr.X

My new project: the way of the encircled 9th Army south of Berlin - break out of the fortress Frankfurt/Oder - Halbe pocket - the last attack of the 12th Army  - the last defence at the Elbe River...

April to May 1945. Company sized battles, including a huge variety of units.  15 single battles. 

Map making is in progress.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:46 AM, Mr.X said:

My new project: the way of the encircled 9th Army south of Berlin - break out of the fortress Frankfurt/Oder - Halbe pocket - the last attack of the 12th Army  - the last defence at the Elbe River...

April to May 1945. Company sized battles, including a huge variety of units.  15 single battles. 

Map making is in progress.

Whoaaw waiting for... with the new module this will be very welcome !

Or your Project very welcome with the module 😁 !

• 1 month later...

While waiting for F&R Release, 4 of 16 Maps of this campaign are more or less finished. This is the Master-Map of the Region south to the town of Beelitz. 

Along this famous embankment, there was the furthest east position of 12th Army - on May 1st 1945 the spearhead of the forces breaking out from the "Halbe-Pocket" arrived here...

A new map is finished. 2km south to the famous Elbe-Bridge in Tangermuende, in the morning hours of 7th May 1945, a small unit of Division "Scharnhorst" had to counterattack a Soviet assault, which almost reached the Elbe River bank and threatened the evacuation of the remnants of 12th and 9th Army. 

6ntj3ah6.jpg

pwsdnoui.jpgo9hfddhc.jpg

Some impressions of the area eastwards the small town of Fischbeck. Here, the Divisions "Scharnhorst" and "Ulrich von Hutten" of 12th Army fought their desperate fight to hold the thin frontlines around the last bridgehead from 4th May until 7th May, when General Wenck and his staff were the last to cross the Elbe River in a small motorboat.

z3kxmn55.jpg

Progress of map making is going on. So, I hope to be able to start the playtesting with both of my Campaign projects within the next weeks. This Campaign will finally include 16 single battles from 23rd April 1945 in the area of Frankfurt/Oder to 7th May 1945 at the Elbe-River. 

Edited by Mr.X