New Module Coming for Blitz. What weapons and vehicles should there be?

I would be interested in peoples assessment of the Pershing. There are accounts of them knocking out and being knocked out by tigers etc. We have all seen the Panther V Pershing film from Cologne. But flank shots at point blank range is hardly a good example.

The 90mm gun on the pershing never seemed to perform anywhere near the 88mm kwk43. The armor totally sucks too. The only benefit is its low profile I guess. The turret face is tiny. Way too little way too late. Although I understand why they didn't ditch the sherman and instead upgunned it.

Would love to have it ingame but literally nothing can touch the axis armor in any title lmao.

Edited by Artkin

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Would love to have it ingame

Yes, as an oddity, something of a rarity and facing the last dregs of opposition (this from another website):

The first shipment of twenty Pershings arrived in Antwerp in January 1945. These were split between the 3rd and 9th Armored Divisions and were the first of 310 M26s to reach Europe before the end of the war. Of these, around 20 saw combat.

I would however like to fight against and with them in-game.

34 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

You're not playing Rome to Victory....??!!

(rolls eyes vigorously) 😛

Actually I have put more hours in CMFI than every other title combined in the past couple months. Also I formally redact my harsh comments on the lack of content in this title. There are a ton of missions and once you break down the campaigns with a 3rd party campaign tool... there is a lot to play with. I love smashing maps with 30cm nebelwerfers and then storming maps with pioneer battalions (90% rifles) playing WWI. Fun stuff.

I forgot they were in that one. I never think of them when I think of Italy.

Edited by Artkin

On 3/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Vacilllator said:

Yes, as an oddity, something of a rarity and facing the last dregs of opposition (this from another website):

The first shipment of twenty Pershings arrived in Antwerp in January 1945. These were split between the 3rd and 9th Armored Divisions and were the first of 310 M26s to reach Europe before the end of the war. Of these, around 20 saw combat.

I would however like to fight against and with them in-game.

I can't believe they sent 300 of them to Europe before the war's end. Wild. I wonder how close they were actually deployed to the frontlines.

17 hours ago, Artkin said:

I can't believe they sent 300 of them to Europe before the war's end. Wild. I wonder how close they were actually deployed to the frontlines.

They were pretty effective in Korea against the T-34/85. They had reliability issues due to the engine and transmission I believe.

• 4 weeks later...

On German soil did equipment and armor from the Eastern front get moved to defend the western side of Germany.  As we know US didn't see many variants of German tanks and half tracks as the Soviets did. Did Germany have it's own armor and units to defend the land that never left the country? I think this would have been hard to do with dual front war. Were German factories pushing tanks out like the soviets did or was production impossible due to bombing? What factories were still outputting armor? What was the situation for fuel and ammo?