Patch downloads -file error for CMFI engine 2 to 3

There may be an error in the download for the windows patch for engine 2 and 3 for CMFI.   If you download the Windows version it comes in a MAC_OS folder and won't run on Win10.

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s9c2c1a501f4440ecab0da8e7318788c4/fo117b04-e0e0-4ce6-a85e-797eb6a4a4a5

Anyone able to check/confirm?

Looks like something went a tiny bit wrong with creating the .zip package for this patch ('CM2_Win_Fortress_Italy_v112_Patch.zip'). However, there is a good file within that archive that is outside of that MACOSX folder that will work ('CMFI_Win_Fortress_Italy_v112_Patch.exe', about 331,880,448 bytes in size when extracted). You can ignore the file that is in the MACOSX folder and also simply not extract it if you can individually extract the files. This folder and file appear to be 'left overs' from possibly creating this patch or archive on a Mac and doesn't serve any purpose on the PC side of things.

The file you have highlighted in your image is the one from the MACOSX directory in the .zip file. Do NOT use that file. The actual executable is outside of that directory.  I downloaded this specific file from the link that you provided and I was able to extract it and run it (though I didn't install it). 

The two images here show Windows viewing the .zip file with the actual patch just below the '_MACOSX' directory. The second image shows the file inside that '_MACOSX' directory, which is the file you have copied into your CMFI game directory (notice how it has a size of '1KB', whereas the actual patch has a size of 324,054KB in the first image).

Also, once you do get a valid download I suggest NOT putting the patch file in your game directory. Put it somewhere else and run it from there. Otherwise it may install itself to a subdirectory that it creates and you won't have the patch actually installed at that point.

cmfi-patch-actual.jpg

cmfi-patch-dont-use.jpg