Bug with the model of a combat pack for Russian soldiers.

HUSKER2142

As I understand it in CMBS, Russian soldiers have a 6sh117 modular vest, which includes a 7-liter combat pack. Visually, it is larger than it should and is located low, it is worth reducing the model in size by 1/4 and raising the satchel a little higher.

I have long wanted to write about this, but recently we discussed this bug in Russian-language forum. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:24 AM, John Kettler said:

HUSKER2142,

Since you listed a pack by what seems to be a 7-liter fluid volume, is this pack the Russian equivalent of the US Camelbak hydration system?

Regards,

John Kettler

No, alas Russian army does not have this piece of equipment included, if anyone needs to buy it at their own expense. This became especially widespread after the start of Syrian campaign. A girl gave me a long time ago, a very cool thing. The backpack that you asked about plays the role of a "DRY BAG" in it conveniently accommodates various elements of combat and camping equipment, such as a wearable survival kit, reconnaissance and surveillance equipment, additional ammunition, ration pack, etc.  

I hope I correctly translated "DRY BAG", in Russian it is "СУХАРНАЯ СУМКА" - SUKHARNAYA SUMKA.

Video 1

Video 2

P.S.

But 99% of the personnel get by with flasks and ordinary bottles. The fact is that young people, after watching films, go and buy hydrators. Where ? That's right, in the nearest local "Voentorg" - (military store ). Some Chinese junk for 10-15 bucks from "AliExpress". It is clear that this f ... does not live long, it breaks and flows. As a result, the fighter who has not heard about "Source" and "Camelbak" begins to think and say that all hydrators are unreliable ****. 

I apologize in advance for the foul language. 

Edited by HUSKER2142

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hope that you send this to Bootie for his CMMODS as that's where most of us go for mods.

Yes, i want to place this there. But i'm going to add few things to make RU-soldiers looks like real ones. WIP - https://disk.yandex.ru/i/-fU6Fd84jloejA

If you have any suggestions - tell me. So, i'm a hard-noob in Blender, but i learn ^) 

4 hours ago, Sophist_13 said:

Yes, i want to place this there. But i'm going to add few things to make RU-soldiers looks like real ones. WIP - https://disk.yandex.ru/i/-fU6Fd84jloejA

If you have any suggestions - tell me. So, i'm a hard-noob in Blender, but i learn ^) 

I don;t know enuff about Russian uniforms to comment.  But, the work you are doing looks great!