JM´s Corner

d0AFTbn.png

I was trying again and again to find a solution for the camos helmets but nothing works, only the mod of @benpark this one is for me very good thinking about the shape...

This will be very cool, if we could find a solution to added, the same foliage, as camos from the place that they are...

perhaps with a mod tag  and wonder of Lucky Hell Nature ? 

I remember trying to add some reworked hedge to the helmet, and not having luck with it straight from the available model. Another way to do it might be to replace some bit of one of the "gear" 3D model, and place the zero position for the model at the helmet. I made a conical hat for the Vietnam/not Vietnam mod doing this, and it tested well for both worn, and casualty models.

55 minutes ago, benpark said:

I remember trying to add some reworked hedge to the helmet, and not having luck with it straight from the available model. Another way to do it might be to replace some bit of one of the "gear" 3D model, and place the zero position for the model at the helmet. I made a conical hat for the Vietnam/not Vietnam mod doing this, and it tested well for both worn, and casualty models.

Yours comments are always welcome Ben, today I was trying to have an effect with the chinstrap and place it in the high of the helmet and try that have some forms.

I was also trying with some foliages but all that exceeds the helmet form "is cutted", I was trying that the shape becomes embedded in that of the helmet, but I had very bad surprises in the end, in the game, and looked more like zombies.

I also renamed the helmet to chinstrap while keeping the shape of the helmet to be able to shape it, so I had two helmets stacked on top of each other, and I could work on one or the other to make grass heads exceeding, on top, the problem is that the grass heads are always takes the shape of the triangle and not the form of a 3d model or real flower or grass, so in the game I had triangles on the helmet with a flower or grass inside, ...full of tests today all negative... 

I have a beautiful result with the weapon of the german sniper or the atgun with foliage,.. why not with the helmets sigh!!

Perhaps with replacing the original helmet with another helmet on the net,  can help !

or your sentence 

"Another way to do it might be to replace some bit of one of the "gear" 3D model, and place the zero position for the model at the helmet."

when I understand a little more your comments in bold which gear do you mean ?

1 hour ago, benpark said:

That would be things like bayonets. There are several textures/models that fit this category, if I recall. Stuff that people won't miss overly, for the benefit of something new (foliage helmets). I do remember it being less straightforward than it ought to be!

oh how right you are, it is not so easy! 
Yes this is approximatively what I try to link a model like gear or weapons, to another one, to have the benefic or the effect that I am searching, but what we see in blender is not always the view in the game.

This is how I was imagine to added the Us rank linked with an objet, only in static is nice, but when the skeleton is moving all change and move on with, but well I like very much to primping my CM, I'm always looking for something new, nice is also that you can interchange objets from module to module !

On 3/21/2021 at 8:14 PM, JM Stuff said:

regular-infantry.png

Awesome work with the model you did here. I was wondering if you ever finished it, I couldn't find it on the mod repository. I tried replicating it, but the UVs were messed up with the model so the chinstrap had weird textures

Edited by beeron

Just now, beeron said:

Awesome work with the model you did here. I was wondering if you ever finished it, I couldn't find it on the mod repository. I replicating it, but the UVs were messed up with the model so the chinstrap had weird textures

Post the link tomorrow there is a new version,  thanks to your interrest !

Edited by JM Stuff

13 minutes ago, beeron said:

Yeah man I love to mess with the CM models, recently I took the bipod off the BAR and tweaked the rear sight. I will say texturing is more my area of specialty though 😁

j5OGMkH.png

Welcome an bord nice job, done did you more for the time ?

there are also some interresting guys here with Blender You will see yourself...

so I feel that there is going to be a well-founded conversation.

...textures are not my specialty but I manage so good that I can...

Tomorrow I will post to Bootie, nice that you remind me...

Edited by JM Stuff

12 hours ago, beeron said:

Yeah man I love to mess with the CM models, recently I took the bipod off the BAR and tweaked the rear sight. I will say texturing is more my area of specialty though 😁

Hi beeron - good job fella. Nice to see someone else tinkering with the models. You say that you're more into texturing - do you mean in 3D models or creating the flat textures? I know that Blender (2.79b at least) can be a pig for UV models. You can use more recent versions of Blender and then use the Append option to get your work into Blender 2.79b models, so long as it's compatible. There are some good add-ons for more recent Blender versions which can help with the UV unwrapping and what not. 😉

On 10/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, JM Stuff said:

News !!

WoSwyOn.jpg

Result for the time no really expected !

With my friend @Lucky_Strike  and his famous helpfull tree nature !!

here a picture in blender from the same "vehicle" !

soon he will be corrected !

Uru2xh3.jpg?1

So I had a look at JM's Pak 36/37 model here, the problem, for anyone else who might want to attempt this, is that vehicles and guns use 1-bit alpha channels whereas MOST of the foliage in CM uses 8-bit alpha channels, so if used they appear in Blender but just disappear in game. HOWEVER our beloved bocage fortuitously uses 1-bit alpha channels, which means that we can use it for camouflage without further fiddling*.

If just the boccage.bmp is used for camo what can magically happen is that a plethora of different foliage will appear IF you're using my Hedgerow Hell mod (the bocage textures will work in RT for summer) ... 

VGQUuJj.jpg

... and what's really nice is that the combination of textures used are unique for each camouflaged item ...

O1l9EHo.jpg

... result is a lot of apparently different bushes!

If you don't want to install my mod then you will still get the standard bocage textures appearing - which in itself is okay. I guess for winter the bocage will appear as winter branches ... quick experiment, few minutes later ...

cMrWhRV.jpg

... well actually it will, or rather would if my mod wasn't installed. What you can see is the winter bocage texture (brown leaves) and the extra random textures from my Hedgerow Hell mod. All the more reason to get on and winterise my mod ... 😱

Obviously without my mod installed you'd get a full on winter camoed PaK. Sweet.

* technical bit - if you want to use a custom foliage texture ie not bocage but rather one of the tree textures for instance, then it's possible BUT you must convert the alpha channel to 1-bit, else it won't work as JM has been demonstrating 😉

9 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

So I had a look at JM's Pak 36/37 model here, the problem, for anyone else who might want to attempt this, is that vehicles and guns use 1-bit alpha channels whereas MOST of the foliage in CM uses 8-bit alpha channels, so if used they appear in Blender but just disappear in game. HOWEVER our beloved bocage fortuitously uses 1-bit alpha channels, which means that we can use it for camouflage without further fiddling*.

If just the boccage.bmp is used for camo what can magically happen is that a plethora of different foliage will appear IF you're using my Hedgerow Hell mod (the bocage textures will work in RT for summer) ... 

VGQUuJj.jpg

... and what's really nice is that the combination of textures used are unique for each camouflaged item ...

O1l9EHo.jpg

... result is a lot of apparently different bushes!

If you don't want to install my mod then you will still get the standard bocage textures appearing - which in itself is okay. I guess for winter the bocage will appear as winter branches ... quick experiment, few minutes later ...

cMrWhRV.jpg

... well actually it will, or rather would if my mod wasn't installed. What you can see is the winter bocage texture (brown leaves) and the extra random textures from my Hedgerow Hell mod. All the more reason to get on and winterise my mod ... 😱

Obviously without my mod installed you'd get a full on winter camoed PaK. Sweet.

* technical bit - if you want to use a custom foliage texture ie not bocage but rather one of the tree textures for instance, then it's possible BUT you must convert the alpha channel to 1-bit, else it won't work as JM has been demonstrating 😉

Very nice explanation and big help for a big thank you, Mark but seem that for you feel very good in this domain IN HELL foliages,...

peoples will be silly to dont want installing your mod, my opinion, this is a must for everybdoys !

textures are a little bit heavy to me, like I said already !

JM 

Edited by JM Stuff

5 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Very nice explanation and big help for a big thank you, Mark but seem that for you feel very good in this domain IN HELL foliages,...

peoples will be silly to dont want installing your mod, my opinion, this is a must for everybdoys !

textures are a little bit heavy to me, like I said already !

JM 

Hehe. Cheers JM.

Sadly the bocage textures DO look heavier than the bush or tree textures, this is a result of them using the 1-bit alpha channel. It's something I've wrestled with ever since I started modding the bocage, in fact it's one of the reasons I started modding bocage. Unless we can find a way to use 8-bit alpha channels for vehicles and guns there is no way around this. So far I haven't discovered any way in Blender to make 8-bit channels work for vehicles so I think it's just hardwired into the game elsewhere and we just have to accept it as a limitation ... I suspect only @Battlefront.com can change this for us ... please, pretty please, pretty pretty please 🙏 

uHPNsaq.png

13 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Hehe. Cheers JM.

Sadly the bocage textures DO look heavier than the bush or tree textures, this is a result of them using the 1-bit alpha channel. It's something I've wrestled with ever since I started modding the bocage, in fact it's one of the reasons I started modding bocage. Unless we can find a way to use 8-bit alpha channels for vehicles and guns there is no way around this. So far I haven't discovered any way in Blender to make 8-bit channels work for vehicles so I think it's just hardwired into the game elsewhere and we just have to accept it as a limitation ... I suspect only @Battlefront.com can change this for us ... please, pretty please, pretty pretty please 🙏 

uHPNsaq.png

Wait... "they" don t read too much our comments !!!!!

... please, pretty please, pretty pretty please 🙏 

Edited by JM Stuff

• 4 weeks later...

some news !!

Berlin Civilian Wrecks Cars !

added audi  mercedes and reworking on the existing opel 

DpjoQar.png

Searching for wreks trucks now !!

also some german vehicles wrecks

M4NfcPW.png

and some lend lease vehicles 

sdFyBr5.png

later will follow tanks and guns wrecks !!

But also vehicle ready to fight with all materials needed !!

this one is from British sorry wrong picture ! 

BOu5Vtu.png

if all will be ok the wrecks civilian vehicles will be available for Chrismas ! and perhaps more !!

JM

16 minutes ago, Suchy said:

Wonderfull work!!!

Thanks @Suchy T, I think everybodys have his "speciality", or minimum something to do in a place were we feel free to work on !

and this is why we love the CM modules cos is always something to discover admirated  or to created !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff