New CM:BS Module (Insert Title Here) Bones Thread

3 hours ago, BarendJanNL said:

Motorised infantry (Boxer + Fennek)

Mechanized infantry (CV90 + Fennek + Leased German Leo's😀)

I'd definitely support that.....I love the Dutch (.50cal armed) Fennek.  B)

"It's no good hiding in that mud hut Abdul, we can still see you and our bullets will go straight through it, and you!"  ;)

I like to play british and NATO in CMSF2.

I will appreciate the opportunity to play another nationality like Polish or French forces. Uncons (separatists) with radio or other communication equipement too.

And, in my opinion, Turkey would make a really interesting opponent, as in term of material and doctrine (mix of NATO and new material made in the country) and also because this army is characterized by an upmarket movement since last years. More,  it could rather be integrated in the NATO camp or in a more cloudy role.

With uncons and mod working, Turkey would open a lot of perspectives (fight against Kurds, in Lybia, against Syrian or even Russian forces...).

On 2/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Cob said:

And, in my opinion, Turkey would make a really interesting opponent, as in term of material and doctrine (mix of NATO and new material made in the country) and also because this army is characterized by an upmarket movement since last years. More,  it could rather be integrated in the NATO camp or in a more cloudy role.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, z1812 said:

Poland and/or Turkey would be good choices. Turkey would be a good fit for CMSF2 as well.

I'd like to see Turkey and I hope they would get the Altay (because, well, just look at it):

596a6a488dada.jpg

Turkey getting the Altay (& the UK getting an updated Challenger) in CM:BS wouldn't be any more unrealistic than the current Oplots, M1A2(APS) or T-90AMs, after all!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Which bit of Poland is on the Black Sea Please?  :P

I'm not arguing that Poland shouldn't be in the game, but given it's name, you can hardly say they're more relevant than Turkey (who rule the place, along with Russia).

I don't want Turkey for NATO BTW, I want Turkey for Turkey.....They'll be fighting everyone if I get my way!  :ph34r:

But I'd love to see them in CM:SF2 too, for very similar reasons

8 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

T-80 for RF.

The Ukrainans have T-80BV too.....IIRC they were mucking about with an upgrade similar to Bulat/Krab (not sure if they keep the gas turbine or switch it for their beloved two stroke diesel).

@Haiduk  You might be the man to tell us for sure.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 2/3/2021 at 1:25 AM, 37mm said:

There is a CMAK North Africa mod already (by @kohlenklau IIRC)...

... I imagine the Churchill Mk1 would make a good model swap for an M3 Lee/Grant.

After that quite a large chunk of the Desert War could be represented with CMFI by a team of modders/content creators/map makers.

I will say that, although I have far too much stuff on my plate for further mod projects right now, I'm willing to lend aid to anybody else who wants to try forming an "H&E-esque"  team & project.

With [tags], a "can do" attitude & an understanding player base... a lot can be achieved.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:25 AM, 37mm said:

There is a CMAK North Africa mod already (by @kohlenklau IIRC)...

... I imagine the Churchill Mk1 would make a good model swap for an M3 Lee/Grant.

After that quite a large chunk of the Desert War could be represented with CMFI by a team of modders/content creators/map makers.

I will say that, although I have far too much stuff on my plate for further mod projects right now, I'm willing to lend aid to anybody else who wants to try forming an "H&E-esque"  team & project.

With [tags], a "can do" attitude & an understanding player base... a lot can be achieved.

Yes, very aware of this fine mod by@kohlenklau . Would be a great base for taking on something like this.
I think terrain for Gazala or El Alamien area could be replicated, the units would be fictional. The same famous battles could be semi-historically with substituted equipment.

Yes, Tunisia would be superb as well and probably the easier way to go. Something for this neglected theatre of war.

This needs it's own posting imo. I shouldn't be hijacking this cmbs thread, sorry.

Edited by Blazing 88's

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The Ukrainans have T-80BV too.....IIRC they were mucking about with an upgrade similar to Bulat/Krab (not sure if they keep the gas turbine or switch it for their beloved two stroke diesel).

@Haiduk  You might be the man to tell us for sure.  ;)

As I know T-80BV is upgrading not so deeply and even less than T-64BV mod.2017. Anyway in the module for UKR side will be base T-80BV as in Soviet time, because upgrading program started later than 2017.

Edited by Haiduk

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

Yes, very aware of this fine mod by@kohlenklau . Would be a great base for taking on something like this.
I think terrain for Gazala or El Alamien area could be replicated, the units would be fictional. The same famous battles could be semi-historically with substituted equipment.

Yes, Tunisia would be superb as well and probably the easier way to go. Something for this neglected theatre of war.

This needs it's own posting imo. I shouldn't be hijacking this cmbs thread, sorry.

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

I think this  is the wrong place to post it,  but no wrong moment to know it, yes I am with you for North Afrika were lot of vehicles are already present in others module, include now F and R with news vehicles...

Edited by 3j2m7

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Irregulars/UNCONs and Special Forces for both sides would stand to add the most to the game.

Speaking from my experience in CMSF 1 & 2 - asymmetry in opposing forces is where the vast majority of the replay value comes from. Thoroughly enjoyed the Marines and NATO modules when they came out, sure, but in the grand scheme of things those were nothing more than set dressings and insignificantly contributed to longevity of CMSF for me.