does upgrade 4 patch still causing troops to run away in wrong direction

FrostWave

49 minutes ago, FrostWave said:

read a post where a person didnt want to use the upgrade 4 engine introducing a bug in cmrt where troops would run away in wrong direction. has this been fixed the post was from last summer.

Fixed.

The current version of Red Thunder is missing the last Game Engine 4 patch. That will be the patch that will be out fairly soon. I think that the thing a lot of people liked most about that one is that it is harder to dislodge infantry in good cover. 

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

it is harder to dislodge infantry in good cover. 

It seems that infantry in buildings, which is good cover, take more time to kill now. Very good when the player's infantry is in the building and not so fun when the player's infantry has to take that building to be able to move further.

A great change but sometimes also a bit frustrating.

18 hours ago, BornGinger said:

It seems that infantry in buildings, which is good cover, take more time to kill now. Very good when the player's infantry is in the building and not so fun when the player's infantry has to take that building to be able to move further.

I prefer it both ways. Not much fun taking a position only because the enemy is suicidally running away from cover.

I'd recommend a small city battle first, it's harder than normal to script for the AI in a city.....If you think pixeltruppen can make bad routing choices when you directly order them to enter a structure, just imagine what they can get up to when the AI is running the show!  ;)

Typically in any urban battle these days I will use all 16 AI slots regardless of the size of the force.  AI Group 1 is almost always my fixed defenders, AI Group 16 is usually constantly re-used by units that are expected to die at a scheduled time (VBIEDs are the most common candidate).  The remaining slots are parcelled out as needed with some being snow-balled (extra units added to the group as reinforcement to beef up its capability or to replace losses) and others being re-used when units exit the map (I do this with on-map mortars a lot).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 4:01 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

No need to rely on puny Imperialist calibres.....This is CM:RT! 

You don't need such Soviet calibres, comrade.. even a puny capitalist 75mm will take out infantry in the strongest buildings, such as cathedrals. Rendering half the glorious Red Army weaponry moot.