Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

26 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

Glad to hear that F&R is in pre-order. Only a 'but', looking the TO&E I can se that Pz IV J latest is not there. Is a bit disappointment for me since I was waiting to have it in FB or at least in this module.

Late PzIV J is already in CM:RT. Look 09/44 in CM:RT. That is the same PzIV late that is in CM:FB. Look 01/45 in CM:FB or 05/45 in CM:RV. What do you mean with "latest PzIV J" ?

Edited by DesertFox

1 hour ago, DesertFox said:

Late PzIV J is already in CM:RT. Look 09/44 in CM:RT. That is the same PzIV late that is in CM:FB. Look 01/45 in CM:FB or 05/45 in CM:RV. What do you mean with "latest PzIV J" ?

I'm referring to the latest production (Jan'45-May'45) characterized by:
 - It has 3 return rollers (instead that the typical 4 of Pz IV).
 - The replaced of schurzen  by wire-mesh panels.
 - The addition of two flame-suppressing mufflers in the exhaust system, as you can observe on the JgPz IV/70(V) (late) of FB.

46 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

I'm referring to the latest production (Jan'45-May'45) characterized by:
 - It has 3 return rollers (instead that the typical 4 of Pz IV).
 - The replaced of schurzen  by wire-mesh panels.
 - The addition of two flame-suppressing mufflers in the exhaust system, as you can observe on the JgPz IV/70(V) (late) of FB.

Ah I see. I guess Battlefront has decided it isn´t worth it, because in game terms there is no difference to the "late" version.

2 hours ago, DesertFox said:

This might be because the Pz.IV Ausf J Late is already in the TOE, but I wouldn't rule out seeing some changes to the models & textures with this pack.....I too would be a bit disappointed not to at least have the option of 'Thoma Schurzen'.

2 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

One thing that caught my eye: the StG44 is listed as a new weapon for the Germans, even though it already was in the basegame. Oversight or is there some cool new variant?

Could that be down to one of the countless name changes?  Might it be referred to as the MP-44 or similar in earlier titles?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've been working up details for a Crimean Offensive based campaign (yes I know it's a few months before the CMRT timeframe but still) and I have to say, it's really good to see the addition of partisans. Time to double down on my design notes and get cracking on those maps.  😁

Edited by Double Deuce
grammar

51 minutes ago, Double Deuce said:

I've been working up details for a Crimean Offensive based campaign (yes I know it's a few months before the CMRT timeframe but still) and I have to say, it's really good to see the addition of partisans. Time to double down on my design notes and get cracking on those maps.  😁

That sounds very cool.....Keep us informed!  B)

Did we get the Ford GPA to go with the Schwimmwagen in the end?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

40 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

So with this thread active, how the folks will I know when pre-orders are actually active?  They'll all think it's this bait & switch thread.  Maybe continue this conversation in a new thread w a different title?

Emails are sent to all pre-order buyers when it is available for download. After some time (usually between 6 and 24 hours) forum and website home page announcements are made. This gives time for the upload to propagate the servers and find out if something "catastrophic" is wrong with the installers. I don't think that has ever happened but as Spock said to Saavik in Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan " For everything there is a first time, Lieutenant."

1 hour ago, waffelmann said:

No german paratroopers?

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. Also noticed no Gebirgsjaeger units for the Heer. The TO&E looks kind of unfinished for the Soviet formations as well. Glad to see the Soviet Cav uniforms activated in that screenshot!

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

19 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I stopped counting at 20. Some [scenarios] are not marked as "Final" yet

What does this mean for those who are pre-ordering? Another couple of weeks to wait or "when it's finished" as the mantra has been going for a long time? What are usually the time span between a pre-order and being able to download the dlc or game?

8 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

One thing that caught my eye: the StG44 is listed as a new weapon for the Germans, even though it already was in the basegame. Oversight or is there some cool new variant?

No, I would guess it got flagged as there are now formations specifically calling for it as part of TO&E, rather than just a random substitute.  And I guess technically the MP44 didn't become the StG44 until the fall of 1944. ;)

8 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

What does this mean for those who are pre-ordering? Another couple of weeks to wait or "when it's finished" as the mantra has been going for a long time? What are usually the time span between a pre-order and being able to download the dlc or game?

Historically, the gap between pre-orders and release date is 4 to 8 weeks. Rome to Victory was the BIG exception to that.

2 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:
12 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

What does this mean for those who are pre-ordering?

Historically, the gap between pre-orders and release date is 4 to 8 weeks. Rome to Victory was the BIG exception to that.

I used to produce an estimate for release after pre orders were opened. I haven't for the last few releases. Last time I calculated it the average delta was 55 days.

6 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

German Luftwaffe Airborne

• Parachute Battalion (Motorized)
  • Pioneer Battalion 44 (Motorized)
  • Panzerjager Battalion
  • Panzerschreck Company

Hey they just added that in! Awesome! On a side note the Armored Luftwaffe Divisions... is this the Herman Goering Division? I believe they did see some action on the Eastern Front.

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze