[scenario] Ambush at Al Edel

8 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Excellent scenario. On the first try, got three vehicles (two with IEDs, one with RPGs), but the slat armor ate almost all my ammo.

After analyzing the first playthrough, I gave the scenario another go. This time all vehicles destroyed, two with IEDs, two with RPGs (in total 3 rockets fired). Slat armor caused no problem this time. Had 2 guys killed, one wounded, the rest retreated. Total play time of the second run was nine minutes - destroyed the vehicles (most of the infantry was killed while inside) and evacuated.

Hey! Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah the slat armor can be a real pain.

Great second playthrough! Looks like your plan ran like clockwork. 

Reminds me of the polar opposite that happened to me during one of my playtests where BOTH IEDs malfunctioned. Needless to say the peanut butter really hit the fan and I had to maneuver my forces to adjust to the new situation. In another run through, one IED was able to take out a Stryker (the other one malfunctioned), but the slat armor of the rest just kept on staving off my RPGs. Its these variables that make CM really enjoyable. 

2 hours ago, puje said:

I think I did all right on this map. Annihilated all of those pesky crusaders, except a single Stryker crewman who managed to hide. However, it did cost me 5 dead and 5 wounded, including commander.

I got 2 Strykers with IED and the other two by RPG. The infantry started pouring out of 2 of them, and I had to mop them up in the vegetation.

Great work! Thanks for giving the scenario a whirl!