Instant-Gaming.com - much cheaper than Steam

JulianJ

I found this site: instant-gaming.com .  It has Steam games that you then activate in your steam account. Just 1/4 to 1/3  the price. I often find that I  am interested in Steam games but if they are full price I am not sure I will get the play out of them.  I bought Surviving Mars on IG for about £8, and I have found it a bit too slow and buildery for me. I would be annoyed if I had paid full price for it. It's not a bad game, just seems to have a lot of repetetive actions to complete.

I don't think these sites are totally legal to be honest, there are a few around if you look. I'm not sure how they get thier steam keys, but I have heard that if steam find you have bought a key from one of these sites they can confiscate and close your account. So be careful would be my advice. Research it on the internet there is lots of info on these sites.

Regards

Slippy

Hi all,

Further to slippy's concerns, I took a look around the internet. I have purchased two games on IG and have had no problems, and not been asked for ID.

But clearly others have had serious issues, so I am qualifying my endorsement of the site above. You can see some user reviews here:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/instant-gaming.com

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/instant-gaming.com

Trustpilot seems to give it a high score, but obviously some reviewers had horrible experiences.

One other thing, if IG is a bit dodgy, it might be better to pay with PayPal. I say that because I bought a game from GOG a few years back, my rig was just a bit above the minimum spec for the game so it did play, but was laggy and awful. I immediately removed it and asked for my money back. GOG refused but I got my money back via the dispute mechanism. However that was before my country torpedoed itself with Brexit, so I don't know if things are the same because I quoted some EU regs for digital media purchases.

It seems that IG bulkbuy retail copies in cheap countries then sell the keys - that makes sense as I have received .jpgs of keys. I suspect this is a grey area. I looked at bannings from steam but could only find people who were advocating piracy or had cheated in online tourneys. I would imagine the worst they could do is delete the specific game from your steam library. I'd be interested in any responses from others here.

Instant gaming is on the Apple app store. I don't know if that is a vote of confidence, however Apple is a pretty fussy company.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/instant-gaming/id1199040135

I just had a look and the prices are good. Plus they actually have a wargame category, which I like. It saves me looking through, strategy, simulation, and the like, to find what I might enjoy.

Edited by z1812

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ig deals with keys for platforms like EA Origin, Steam, Ubisoft, NCSoft and this for many years. i would like to claim that this would not be the case anymore if these keys would be put in market illegally. i myself (region germany) was a "heavy user" at ig for a while and had only the best experiences. since i got stuck on cm i fortunately don't have to look for new games that often anymore. ;)