Uncons, BM-21?

ncc1701e

Uncons, platoon radars, and possibly a re-think of laser warning systems on tanks, since it is such a game-changer.  Vehicle emplacements, mine clearing equipment for vehicles, etc. 

I'd be more excited for an engine update though, oh, and co-op multiplayer.  A simple ammo replenishment mechanic for artillery and on-map units.  A second look at making artillery more realistic, specifically more deadly to infantry, more destructive to buildings, more likely to knock out tanks with misses.  And the option to call for fire anywhere on the map, or at least anywhere the unit has enemy spotted markers.  Hookers.  Blackjack.

Edited by fireship4

8 hours ago, fireship4 said:

A simple ammo replenishment mechanic for artillery

That can effectively be done in the editor, simply add another battery under a reinforcement called 'Artillery Resupply'.....It's a bit artificial, but it does the job.

8 hours ago, fireship4 said:

Hookers.  Blackjack.

I have the former.....On my own version of my CM:BS Trumpton City Centre map there are a couple of hidden exit zones for each side.  When troops enter the location, you get the usual 'Objective Located' crunch and text pops up, including:

"Alcohol Cache - Troops Get Drunk"

"Functioning Brothel - Troops Desert"

And your toops will leave the battlefield.....If you are lucky you'll find it at the end of a turn and be able to restore discipline, if not they're gone!  ;)

Obvioulsy I don't use Destroy Unit Objectives on infantry when this feature is active.....Vehicles are still fair game though.  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Creative indeed.  I wonder if you have an associated sound effect if that is possible?  You could probably find something in the following goldmine, I know plenty other creators (perhaps not for CMBS) have.  Er, probably not the last bit of dialogue though, though sadly that kind of attitude is not entirely a thing of the past.

Oh, and back on topic, it would be nice to be able to adjust one artillery unit at a time when a spotter has several firing for them.  A delay for re-use to simulate them swapping positions too perhaps.  Counter battery fire.  A map!  Contour lines!  A second vote for the Grad.  Fewer, larger maps.  A second look at the mechanics of MMGs/HMGs - they are not as effective as they should be in my opinion.  Finally a setting for quick battles which sets the amount of intelligence on enemy positions you have.

Edited by fireship4