CM Black Sea is now available on Steam! Here is how to get your Steam key if you already own the game!

BFCElvis

Steam folks, does Steam cause any burden on your computer?   I used to play Assault Squad which I purchased via steam and it always seemed that steam caused nothing but trouble for me -- like would hijack my boot up and cause it to take forever.  So I have never wanted to go back.  Do y'all have any issues w steam?  I am guessing this no longer occurs.

32 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

But you somehow you feel like we owe you more. I have no idea how to respond to that.  

And all that own the base game can get it for free.  

I don't think you owe me anything, "people want things for free" is not the appropriate form to deal with my criticism of charging for patches, or making them free via a platform, yet still charging full price (I would understand server costs) for them if people can't use that platform.  You've got a community here who post every day and help your other customers and talk up your games and make maps and skins etc. etc. without having to spend a penny either.

Either way I didn't intend to gum up this thread with a rant, it has run it's course and I think we've both said what we wanted to say.  Time to cook for the evening.

48 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Steam folks, does Steam cause any burden on your computer?   I used to play Assault Squad which I purchased via steam and it always seemed that steam caused nothing but trouble for me -- like would hijack my boot up and cause it to take forever.  So I have never wanted to go back.  Do y'all have any issues w steam?  I am guessing this no longer occurs.

I don't play any CM via Steam (yet), but no, I don't have any such issues with Steam for other games.  It doesn't load until I ask it to for one thing.

You shouldn't have to delete it, just make sure Steam is pointed at the right folder, delete the .exe and then tell Steam to recheck the game files.  That should work if the folder structure and the files are the same, and any differences should result in replacement.  The game files in your user/documents folder might need moving too, I'm not sure.  Worth a try at least, if it saves you time.

Edited by fireship4

7 minutes ago, fireship4 said:

You shouldn't have to delete it, just make sure Steam is pointed at the right folder, delete the .exe and then tell Steam to recheck the game files.  That should work if the folder structure and the files are the same, and any differences should result in replacement.  The game files in your user/documents folder might need moving too, I'm not sure.  Worth a try at least, if it saves you time.

next time ,when other cm on steam,I will try this 

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Do you mean that you have enter your Battlefront get and gotten your Steam key and it is not showing up on you My Page? If so, I'm not sure how that works. They can answer that for you.

I don't understand your answer.  It IS on the Battlefront site under My Orders but it is NOT on the Slitherine site.  So I'm not sure how to get my

Steam key.  Can I get it from the Battlefront site?

Edited by gregb41352
spelling

8 hours ago, danfrodo said:

No, it just runs in the background and has no impact on windows boot up and/or performance that I can notice.

With that said I do have a high end machine (i9, 32gb, ssd), but over all the years I have been using steam (always started with windows boot up) it hasn't caused any problems for me.

You can also disable Steam from starting up with windows and only run it when you need it for playing :)

12 hours ago, gregb41352 said:

My copy isn't listed on the Slitherine "My Page".

I purchased it directly from Battlefront if that makes a difference.

'Slitherine' doesn't know you bought the game on Battlefront. It knows about the licence key and is waiting for you to identify yourself.

On My Page you need to do a search for the game and then enter your key.

Edit: The game will then appear amongst your games. Just click the 'Steam key' button and your Steam key should appear.

Edited by Gumboots
Additional info

3 hours ago, gregb41352 said:

I don't understand your answer.  It IS on the Battlefront site under My Orders but it is NOT on the Slitherine site.  So I'm not sure how to get my

Steam key.  Can I get it from the Battlefront site?

To get the Steam license key you need to follow the instructions here:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=93585

14 hours ago, gregb41352 said:

I've gone to that page on Slitherine.  My CMBS isn't there.  That's the problem.  Can I use the

activation key from the Battlefront site where the games do appear?  Stuck.

Go to the Slitherine site and login.

Click on My Page

On the right you will see a menu titled 'My Page'. Click on the bottom option 'Register Serial'

Use the 'Game' drop down menu to find CMBS

Enter your Battlefront licence in the 'Serial' box

Press 'Register'

Your game will now appear in your list of games.

Press the Steam key button under your CMBS game.

You should now have your Steam key.

Edited by Gumboots
Spelling

On 1/23/2021 at 2:58 AM, MikeyD said:

I was visiting the U-tube and I see mew CMBS videos are starting to to pop up suddenly. Including two new scenario play-throughs from Usually Hapless.

So it's time to visit that tube then and watch some new videos. Usually Hapless already had CMBS as he uploaded the Blood In the Snow H2H-bout on the tube some years ago.

That's exactly the issue.....Which is supposed to be correct, the briefings, or the force the player actually gets? 

While old hands are forearmed and can work their way around some of these issues, for a player new to the game and given the already not inconsiderable difficulty of this campaign, I think it could prove disheartening.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Kinophile said:

@BFCElvis Registered the base game no problem (key from BFG, register on Slitherine, copy given Steam code, activate on Steam) but the Battle pack activation key from BF is not being accepted by Slitherine.

Any ideas?

Yes, open a Help Desk ticket and include your Pack's activation key in the ticket.