Russians and anti tank weapons?

1 hour ago, DeutschRitter said:

As far I can see the russians do not have any anti tank capabilities like the Panzerfaust, Bazooka or Panzerschreck?

SU-100._Berlin_1945.jpg

The Soviet Way!  ;)

TBH I could have sworn I've seen Soviet units using Panzerfausts in CM:RT already, but I might just be having misty memories of long gone battles in CM:BB (which was a truly awesome game in it's breadth & scope).

43 minutes ago, DeutschRitter said:

Today I am playing a Quick Battle game against my brother and he will get some tanks in urban environment. So I need some good AT. Maybe I have to buy some panzers too then. How good is the AT weapon of the Russians against the Stummel Halftrack? Will it peetrate from a long distance?

ATRs will give his light armour kittens. They’re cheap and will take out a 251/9 or any 251 or 250 track at around 300m. Us even in groups though. 

they’re not so great against tanks though but will help keep the tanks buttoned up. 

Yes - but more easily spotted there. Keeping em at their maximum effective range and in natural cover is a more effective option I’ve found. Others might have a different take though :)

oh have en with other infantry as well to deter the enemy sending in dismounts to flush em out. 

52 minutes ago, George MC said:

ATRs will give his light armour kittens. They’re cheap and will take out a 251/9 or any 251 or 250 track at around 300m.

This in spades!  It's a big part of why the Soviets kept them around long after they became obsolete against tanks.  The little 45mm AT gun was pretty mean too, but I'm not sure it's quite as mobile in CM as it was in real life.

41 minutes ago, DeutschRitter said:

Are they able to shoot out of a building?

Oh yes.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Hand-thrown RPG-43 is in the game and its mixed in with 'grenades' in infantry units (Its a bit annoying that it doesn't get its own weapons slot.) Its able to penetrate 75mm of armor so its capable of knocking out some pretty big beasts. It was used by the Chinese in the Korean war. There's a modern equivalent named RKG-3 that saw limited use in Iraq.

images.jpg

RKG-3.jpg