Camera Group Commands and Tab(s)

No, not the drink and certainly not methamphetamines! Although the latter's use in WW2 is worth a discussion somewhere on the board. Has it been discussed?

When you click on a unit you press TAB to get to their viewpoint. 2 separate commands yet, when you program a unit in CGC you always go to viewpoint. It would be nice to have a choice whether to TAB. Is there a way to not do this? For instance: An AT gun has been heard but not pinpointed. I have a tank (far off with LOS (kinda)) but not aware as yet. When you select the unit you lose the LOS point (the location buried in brocage and barely visible after PLAY). So, therefore needing a close reading, I find I click off the unit at location and then CGC to the (tank) but course you are whipped back with no LOS. At scale LOS disappears entirely. Doable certainly, but could be 4 extra PITA strokes saved for all kinds of situations!

Probably useless question for immediate solution but ... maybe later?

Thanks all

If you have a so called tentative contact of an AT-gun but that one disappears when you click on the tank someone else is having the tentative contact. If it is the tank that has the tentative contact but it disappears because of the vegetation, you can use the Alt + T to remove the vegetation so you can see the tentative contact and aim at a location close to it.

@KGBoy.....You are kind of missing the point of the contact markers (this is what Iron mode is all about).  The tank shouldn't direct fire at that location (or anywhere else it doesn't have a contact marker) because it doesn't know anything is there.

You (and whatever units can see the gun) know of its existence but the tank doesn't.....In order for the tank to fire that information needs to be communicated to it, either by radio or by just sending a dude and telling the crew (open the tank up).

If you want simple, you are playing the wrong games.....CM isn't and it isn't meant to be TBH.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

That's a good point about Iron SargeSh. In this case 3 tanks (of 5) have semi LOS. 2 Stuarts and 1 Churchill -- all are in radio contact with their respective HQs (I notice Churchills and Stuarts don't link up in the communication chain for whatever reason-- which I would appreciate enlightenment on). But the Churchills can talk so I feel my original point stands. But regardless, it is the TAB inclusion in a CGC that is my problem.

BG -- The contact is in a Bocage so vegetation can't be turned off.

Thanks both!