Semper Fi, Syria! Campaign Bug??

So I'm currently making my way through the Semper Fi, Syria! Campaign for the Marines. I'm playing the scenario "Flirting with Disaster" and I'm getting the feeling that something is not working since I'm not getting any reinforcements that were mentioned in the briefing. I already played 45 minutes into the mission before restarting it to see if it fixes anything but nothing has changed. The scenario starts off with only four HMMWVs, too little to complete the objectives on my own. Also, no fire support is available although mentioned in the briefing. I fear that I can't progress at this point without hitting the cease fire button and unwillingly handing a victory to the AI. Is this working as intended? Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Thanks for any input!

(edit: I'm trying to attach a save file but the forum won't let me because the file is too big...)

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this so as to keep the campaign talk in one area -- but what's up with Mission 4 in this campaign?

You can either fight across boggy ground/road to 'choose' one of two future battle maps. However in the campaign briefing it tells you that choosing one of these designations will result in a defeat (by design). Which means that if I just hit cease fire, it automatically does that. Is that right? Who designs a situation like that? Why not have the selection process be separated out, why are they being mashed together into one battle/non-battle? My options are to risk troops for a vague future map which has no real difference, or just hit cease fire and preserve troops to go to the next battle? And why would anyone want to fight a mission just to have it serve you a defeat? Seriously, what? Am I missing something here?

Edited by Khalerick

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up taking the 'battle' route and I gotta say, it seems to have been well worth my time as the next mission is a doozy of creativity. I don't wanna spoil anything but just by the unit selection & briefing, it's the sort of stuff you don't see often in SF2.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, Growler 2.0 said:

So I'm currently making my way through the Semper Fi, Syria! Campaign for the Marines. I'm playing the scenario "Flirting with Disaster" and I'm getting the feeling that something is not working since I'm not getting any reinforcements that were mentioned in the briefing. I already played 45 minutes into the mission before restarting it to see if it fixes anything but nothing has changed. The scenario starts off with only four HMMWVs, too little to complete the objectives on my own. Also, no fire support is available although mentioned in the briefing. I fear that I can't progress at this point without hitting the cease fire button and unwillingly handing a victory to the AI. Is this working as intended? Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Thanks for any input!

(edit: I'm trying to attach a save file but the forum won't let me because the file is too big...)

BTW, forgot to add to the above -- a few of the missions so far it'll say reinforcements are coming in x-time but they never seem to. At this point I'm chalking it up to the nature of battles and that you can't depend on time tables much. However, the reinforcements DID come, even if some were late by 15-30mins.

• 11 months later...

So I'm currently making my way through the Semper Fi, Syria! Campaign for the Marines. I'm playing the scenario "Flirting with Disaster" and I'm getting the feeling that something is not working since I'm not getting any reinforcements that were mentioned in the briefing.

I have the same problem as Growler 2.0 on the same scenario. No reinforcements and the campaign automatically ended because my only units present, 4 humvees, were destroyed with their crew (massive syrian armor attack). Abrams were planned and I hadn't lost any tanks in previous scenarios. Moreover no air support, nor artillery yet  mentioned in the briefing. Curiously the Syrian artillery was coming from my side.