Ammo Exchange - Tommies don't share

Aside from the Facade Troop scenario where 3 man squads don't fit in the MG equipped (thus 2person) Jeep without a whole lot of dismounting, I am playing Boy's Against Men scenario where the Tommy platoon is a strange (to me) variant where there is a 6 man squad and 2 further 2 men squads which make the platoon. So, if you lose the both 2person squads you are left with a 6 man squad which cannot acquire any additional ammo because you cannot break that squad down. It seems the acquire ammo methodology is inadequate for the Tommy set up. US/German conspiracy?

These Airborne Sections are different to the standard Infantry ones. And you are correct that in their full strength state they have 6 men in one Detatchment and 2 in both of the others. There is however a work around. When you split them use the "Assault Team" function, this will give you a 4 man "A Detachment" rather than the 6 man one that you would get if you just used "Split Squad".

Exits stage right humming "Tommies don't share" by El Clash Combo ------------------------->

Edited by Warts 'n' all

59 minutes ago, KGBoy said:

if you lose the both 2person squads you are left with a 6 man squad which cannot acquire any additional ammo

Yes, as Warts says, if you lose the 2-man teams you are screwed.  Have several times requested that players be allowed more flexibility in splitting squads and teams, especially those 7-8(?) man squads where if you split off a two man team, one is left with an unwieldy 5-7 man team.  Ideally one should be able to split every squad into 2 and 3-man teams.  Hopefully, in CM3...  

On 1/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

These Airborne Sections are different to the standard Infantry ones. And you are correct that in their full strength state they have 6 men in one Detatchment and 2 in both of the others

So, if I understand - the detachment with the '2 inch Airborne' is a mortar similar to the 3 man mortar team in Facade Troop? The extra 3rd man being a protection detail because it is detached? I haven't noticed it working as yet...