SS Helmet Mod naming convention

Erwin

Noticed that my mod folder has numerous SS Helmet mods named "smod_german_ss_helmet_soldier x.bmp" and also "german-waffenss-cammo-helmet x.bmp".

Anyone know if both sets work in the game.  Or, is one of the mods obsolete after updates and needs to be renamed?  If so, which one?

Ok, so all "german-waffenss-cammo-helmet x.bmp" should be renamed to "smod_german_ss_helmet_soldier x.bmp"... 

I guess that will also be required for all older uniform mods.  

Anyone know what are the new names for other German, Allied and Soviet uniforms?  

Erwin, the best thing to do is explode the brz’s files using the mod tools in the game’s root folder. Look in “soldiers” and you’ll see all the textures and can check the names used. Faces (skins), gear, and some random bits of uniforms haven’t had a name change, but most things have been. I haven’t modded any armor so I don’t recall, but I think most armor names haven’t been renamed either.

Erwin, I copied the text below from a thread a while back that addresses this issue. As far as I can tell this CMX2 change only affects uniforms, helmets, boots and personal gear. For example I had to rename a gear mod for backpacks, but did not have to rename a gear mod for vehicles. One thing I found out when renaming these is that if you have more than one file (see the 3 uniform files below) you must number them as shown with one file NOT numbered, else the default non-modded file will be used and then the numbered ones, for a total of 4 uniform mods, not just the 3 you want to use.

Quote:

"The uniform mod you are trying to use is out of date. I know because I had the same problem you had a while ago. 

When v3 came out, the uniform names were changed. The mod you are trying to use is using the old names for uniforms. 

To fix it, simply rename the bmp file to:

smod_american_m41_uniform

It should now show up in game. So if you have 3 bmp files for uniforms they should be named:

smod_american_m41_uniform
smod_american_m41_uniform 2
smod_american_m41_uniform 3
Hope this resolves your issue. 

The helmets are:

smod_american_helmet-soldier

Airborne uniforms are:

smod_american_m42-para_uniform

If you want them to appear with the 101st or 82nd patches they need a modtag, so the name looks like:

smod_american_m42-para_uniform [101st] or [82nd]
smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [101st]" or [82nd]

I hope this helps!

Yes..  Thanks...  I have amassed so many mods since 2007 and probably many no longer work, but could if renamed.

I also found this from a doc file dated 2013:

The file name convention for uniforms has been replaced by a better, more rational one for 2.0, so mods with the old file names only work with 1.10 and 1.11.

Modders should update their mods by replacing old texture file names with the correct new ones.
For example the new name for the US helmet textures used by foot and glider infantry in 2.0 are:
smod_american_helmet-soldier.bmp
smod_american_helmet-soldier 2.bmp

While the paratrooper helmet is named:
smod_american_helmet-para.bmp

The helmet for Heer infantry is:
smod_german_helmet-soldier.bmp
smod_german_helmet-soldier 2.bmp
smod_german_helmet-soldier 7.bmp

while Waffen-SS ones are:

smod_german_ss_helmet-soldier.bmp
smod_german_ss_helmet-soldier 7.bmp
etc.