Mad Addy : My ...

Some while back I was asked if I would be starting a new caption competition, but I thought that I had taken those as far as I could. But, I am happy to announce the publication of ...

"Mad Addy : My granddad's part in his downfall" by Spike (the real one, not that Terrance Milligan charlatan). This (non - existent) illustrated novella will be available for the very reasonable price of 3 shillings, thruppence, three-farthing for a limited time only.

Part 1.

"Smile Paddy"

"What's there to smile about? Some stupid fecking Cockney at Tilbury took all the Guinness off the wagon. And then loaded her up with bully beef."   ... 

bedford-qlr-3ton-4x4-radio.jpg

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

American General: Sieg Heil!

Monty: Sure. Wait....what?

MJK, the very idea that General Simpson would stand on the Siegfried Line giving a "Heil Hitter" salute is almost as ludicrous as suggesting that the lead singer of Bromley Dave and the Self-publicists would do the same thing from the back of an open top Mercedes in Victoria Station.

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

MJK, the very idea that General Simpson would stand on the Siegfried Line giving a "Heil Hitter" salute is almost as ludicrous as suggesting that the lead singer of Bromley Dave and the Self-publicists would do the same thing from the back of an open top Mercedes in Victoria Station.

The horror!

5 hours ago, umlaut said:

And where should we seek him?"

"They seek him here, they seek him there." As Ray Davies and his brother Dave sang. But they were from Muswell Hill, which is north of London, and they have nowt to do with Bromley Dave and the Self-publicists previously mentioned in this thread. It would be like thinking that Saga was from Copenhagen, and Martin was from Malmo.

22 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

the non-word "moobs".

I don't disagree, but you can find it in both the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries.  Recent inclusions of course.

As discussed in another thread, no-one on the forum has admitted to having such appendages, so we need not trouble ourselves about them.

Edited by Vacilllator

Part 3

I remember one day in the autumn Mr. Jorrocks came to see me and said. "I have special job for you, Paddy. The REME need every pontoon bridge between here and Flushing tested, so load up your wagon with whatever you have to hand, just make sure it's heavy OK." So off I went to down to Kattendijkdok, and got the six fattest prozzies I could find, assured them that I was a happily married Catholic man then away we went.

Anyways about halfway to Flushing I see a couple of Canadian fellas struggling with their Ford in the mud. So I wound down the window and gave 'em some advice. "You shoulda gotta Bedford, you dozy feckers!"

siege-of-walcheren-island_reg.jpg

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I finally got a Warts reference. O frabulous jay.

I know that the Septics have Blue Jays, and we have the Eurasian Jay, is the Frabulous Jay found only in Denmark?

Exits stage left humming a tune by the Edwin Hawkins Singers  ------------------------------------------------------------------------->

On 1/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

Part 3

I remember one day in the autumn Mr. Jorrocks came to see me and said. "I have special job for you, Paddy. The REME need every pontoon bridge between here and Flushing tested, so load up your wagon with whatever you have to hand, just make sure it's heavy OK." So off I went to down to Kattendijkdok, and got the six fattest prozzies I could find, assured them that I was a happily married Catholic man then away we went.

Anyways about halfway to Flushing I see a couple of Canadian fellas struggling with their Ford in the mud. So I wound down the window and gave 'em some advice. "You shoulda gotta Bedford, you dozy feckers!"

siege-of-walcheren-island_reg.jpg

T’be sure Daniel Cumba, I tink yow left yer feckin brain back in Breara, when de Captain said to take cuvver in de ditch, he meant get owt of de feckin wagon ferst, ya feckin eejit!

14 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

T’be sure Daniel Cumba, I tink yow left yer feckin brain back in Breara, when de Captain said to take cuvver in de ditch, he meant get owt of de feckin wagon ferst, ya feckin eejit!

Paddy lifts his eyes from his Sporting Life, rolls them and says...

"Mr. Jorrocks will yer'se listen to that there fella, anyone would think that I was from Craggy Island instead of County Meath."