Book Recommendations!!!

1 hour ago, slippy said:

Thanks Aragorn, I did look at this, but a lot of the online reviews give it a bit of a slating as being quite basic, but I'll take your advice mate cheers

You're welcome Slippy. Also take a look at the books of Rolf Hinze. 

There are also very good books in German on the subject.

Edited by Aragorn2002

This is not about a book but about the BBC tv-series WWII Behind Closed Doors which tells about the relationship between the Soviet Union and Germany, Britain and USA. Much of what is shown in this come from documents found in the '90s after the end of the Soviet Union and is maybe new for many on the forum.

War, Economy and Society, 1939-1945  by Alan Milward.

Not exactly a thrilling book by any means, but an enjoyable one for those who like to look at modern warfare as more or less extensions of flexible industrial capacity. I might be a bit biased though as I'm a full believer in certain deterministic aspects of WWII tailored mostly to the economic strengths of the fighting nations.

The Redundancy of Courage by Timothy Mo

Basically a fictional book about the non-fictional war in East Timor. I reference it because it's exceptionally well written, yet largely unknown.