Wasp ?

5 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

when i think of wasp , i believe it is refering to the flame vehicle

Yes, that's what I mean, too. I mean that apparently they wanted to include them in CMBN but did not. There is a Wasp "option" for the scouts in unit selection, but it actually does not give them Wasps. Why, I don't know.

I think both the Wasp Mk1 built in Limeyland and the Mk2 from Canada were based on the Universal Carrier. But if someone has more detailed knowledge it would be nice to know.

And my apologies to @weapon2010 the 49th Recce boys weren't "Glosters" (they were in 43rd div). The 49th were bunch of Tykes. It's been years since I played CMBO, so long ago in fact that I kept my results in a notepad. And by pure co-incidence the next mission I played after 49th Recce is called "5th Glosters".

Edited by Warts 'n' all

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

"Glosters"?  :o

I thought they made aircraft?

They did indeed. Although I expect most of their workforce from Cheltenham were exempt from going into the services. But, the West is foreign country and they do things differently there. He says, paraphrasing just a tad. 

Edited by Warts 'n' all