Panzerschreck wont fire?

On 1/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, badipaddress said:

LOS? Morale? Bug? Why couldn't we have in the left corner of the screen a more verbose log of the action taken by the soldier? Like "spotting" -> "T-34 spotted", "targeting T34", etc.

I agree with you, but I think they hide these details on purpose, to make it unclear what is a bug and what is a feature. A lot of people have a very good imagination when it comes to explain away weird events in this game.

Three ways a player has to take out the T34. Do nothing sometimes the AI takes the initiative. Take an ambush position with cover arc to determine where you want to take out the tank or other tanks. Plot a direct fire order using the LOS tool. Experiment and see which method has the most success. Plot a direct fire order using the LOS tool has more than its fair share of disappointments. 

10 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

There are lots of little random oddities, dice rolls so to speak, that make the game what it is, that make the pixel-troops more unpredictable - it makes the game more exciting, realistic and fun.

Exactly and 90 % of the bugs occur when people try to micromanage the game too much. The editor is pretty good with direct fire and I manually plot area fire it is something the AI doesn't do. How many times some trooper in the field spots better that a FO? It is the AI. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, weapon2010 said:

its only 30 seconds , but they sit there for another 30 seconds doing nothing , they have a prime target at 131m, they are under command and tired, any thoughts on why they wont fire the PZ?

I think I cracked it. I suspect he has done buddy aid and picked up the MG42 the Panzerschreck is not his primary weapon any more. Please compare your Panzerschreck team with a standard Panzerschreck team. panzerschreck.jpgpanzerschreckb.jpg

17 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

the Panzerschreck is not his primary weapon any more

That is a possibility.  However, troops will change weapons during a turn depending on what is most useful (I assume).  I reckon it's still a LOS issue.  The guy with a rifle can see the tank, and for some strange but common LOS reason the guy with the shrek, cannot.

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

That is a possibility.  However, troops will change weapons during a turn depending on what is most useful (I assume).  I reckon it's still a LOS issue.  The guy with a rifle can see the tank, and for some strange but common LOS reason the guy with the shrek, cannot.

I disagree I think they will use the weapon as displayed in the GUI. Please show me a Panzerschreck team with an MG 42 as standard.