Welcome to 2021!

3 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Green-Elite

Spotting ability is supposed to go up the AI still does silly things even with elite forces. If you the player makes a tactical mistake Crack and Elite units get shot to pieces too. Like flying in an airplane a first class seat won't save you when you fly against a mountain. Being in the front you are the first to go. 

1 hour ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

multipliers out there on Spotting,

A scout unit has 3 pair of eyes a platoon has 30 talking about multiplying. Two tasks for scouting, pathfinding, zone surveillance and finding contacts. The last one just travel on a road till they start shooting at you. 

23 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Say this may be an old question but does anyone have any 'Stats" on the difference between Green-Elite?  I was just wondering what the bonus, or minus was.  I was screwing around with some "Elites" in SF2 and it seemed only at night they had the edge.. probably due to NVG's.  So did a day-night test... they do seem a bit more accurate, as well as the troops in WWII modules.  Was just looking for some hard data.

Semper Fi.

James.

Not firm numbers, no. It's tough to test - you'd want something that could run at least hundreds or perhaps thousands and accumulate comparative data that way.

We do know that experience level has many effects in-game. It does affect the speed of spotting, the speed at which spotting contacts are shared, firing accuracy and the rate at which you recover from suppression, at least

4 minutes ago, domfluff said:

We do know that experience level has many effects in-game. It does affect the speed of spotting,

A good game is USMC Insertion and Interdiction. Time plays a huge role. Select Veteran and Above for spotting and see how the terrain features gradually changes. Play a lot of games and keep a log. 

23 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Not firm numbers, no. It's tough to test - you'd want something that could run at least hundreds or perhaps thousands and accumulate comparative data that way.

We do know that experience level has many effects in-game. It does affect the speed of spotting, the speed at which spotting contacts are shared, firing accuracy and the rate at which you recover from suppression, at least

Right on thanks.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Why exactly? Just curious.

Pretty much what domfluff said....It can be confusing (and if you see some of the posts in this thread from 2022 you'll see what I mean) whether it's a new post of last year's at a quick glance. 

I won't be posting a 2022 thread. That annual tradition is only Steve's. 

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

Pretty much what domfluff said....It can be confusing (and if you see some of the posts in this thread from 2022 you'll see what I mean) whether it's a new post of last year's at a quick glance. 

I won't be posting a 2022 thread. That annual tradition is only Steve's. 

Please tell him. 🙂