Welcome to 2021!

On 1/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, HUSKER2142 said:

How many armored vehicles should be expected under Lend-Lease, will there be a Churchill tank ?

During 1942-43 344 Churchills were sent, 253 arrived: 20 Churchill II, 128 Churchill III, 105 Churchill IV.

These tanks in 1943 were directing to forming of new guard heavy tank breakthrough regiments per 21 tanks each. Two regiments had time to participate in Stalingrad battle, in 1943 these tanks were used around Leningrad, later in Kursk battle and in fights for Kyiv. 

To CMRT timeframe these tanks were enough rare in front units and used in fights for Tallinn and Vyborg, which out of CMRT "geography".

Edited by Haiduk

@Haiduk I do appreciate you offer the historical facts about Soviet Matilda usage for the official CMRT and CMRT Module #1 timeframes. 

But I admit I have some oddity in my mind that always pushes me to brainstorm or tinker or dabble and go beyond the game's official timeframe. I think I was the first guy to bring snow into CMBN. I think I was the first guy to bring snow into CMRT.  As part of a team of like minded and usually always much more talented fellows. I just try with my amateur skills to go beyond the game in some manner. So, to try and get a Matilda "early" would be awesome for me personally.  I guess BFC could offer a CMRT "vehicle pack" like they did with CMBN. Their business model is flexible maybe? I have not been on the forum much in recent years so the new "we're on or we'll be on STEAM" news is kind of a sign to me that they evolved how they see the lay of the land.  Maybe I am incorrect.  I know it has been hashed around here on the forum.      

Edited by kohlenklau

2 hours ago, Haiduk said:

During 1942-43 344 Churchills were sent, 253 arrived: 20 Churchill II, 128 Churchill III, 105 Churchill IV.

These tanks in 1943 were directing to forming of new guard heavy tank breakthrough regiments per 21 tanks each. Two regiments had time to participate in Stalingrad battle, in 1943 these tanks were used around Leningrad, later in Kursk battle and in fights for Kyiv. 

To CMRT timeframe these tanks were enough rare in front units and used in fights for Tallinn and Vyborg, which out of CMRT "geography".

I like your touch of knowledges, and hope that BF will make a little this in practice, hopefully we can have also some Kurst fight with new vehicles, included news vehicles in the German side in R&F...

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

@Haiduk I do appreciate you offer the historical facts about Soviet Matilda usage for the official CMRT and CMRT Module #1 timeframes. 

But I admit I have some oddity in my mind that always pushes me to brainstorm or tinker or dabble and go beyond the game's official timeframe. I think I was the first guy to bring snow into CMBN. I think I was the first guy to bring snow into CMRT.  As part of a team of like minded and usually always much more talented fellows. I just try with my amateur skills to go beyond the game in some manner. So, to try and get a Matilda "early" would be awesome for me personally.  I guess BFC could offer a CMRT "vehicle pack" like they did with CMBN. Their business model is flexible maybe? I have not been on the forum much in recent years so the new "we're on or we'll be on STEAM" news is kind of a sign to me that they evolved how they see the lay of the land.  Maybe I am incorrect.  I know it has been hashed around here on the forum.      

Kohlenklau, is a name really appreciated regarding mods in the past, untill now and I am sure  in the future I remember the lots of mods about the attempts to created an atmosphere and successful of "the Bulges" with CMFI very welcome appreciated... with the cold, long coat gloves...an overview of the real CMFB !

Edited by 3j2m7

On 1/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, BFCElvis said:

The Lend Lease vehicles are the 2 Shermans I posted, the Valentine pictured here and:

M10

M15A1 MGMC

M17 MGMC

M5

M5A1

M9A1

M3A1

Jeep 

2.5 Ton Truck

WORD OF CAUTION!!!!  The reason that we don't put lists like this up before pre-orders open is because sometimes things change. So, if one (or more) of these vehicles isn't in the game you have been warned. 🙂 Although this close to being wrapped up it is hard to imagine any of these being dropped. 

My Funny Valentine.jpg

Elvis, not only is there basically no chance of these being left out at this point, your list is shorter than it should be!

1. There are two 2.5-ton lend-lease trucks included: Studebaker and GMC.

2. While it has a very Soviet name in the game, the SU-57 is in fact a lend-lease T48 Gun Motor Carriage.

3. And the jolly good old Universal Carrier.

I think it is MikeyD's favorite.

I had to lobby hard to get Valentine into the game. Steve was originally not going to include it. He'd imagined Valentine numbers had petered out due to attrition by the title's timeframe.  But I provided documents with Valentine numbers in specific Russian units in the closing months, plus photo proof of their use in battle. Steve said he was genuinely surprised how many Valentines were still active. One reason why the Russian loved their Valentines was the darned things just didn't break. As reliable as a hammer. It also had a tiny light tank silhouette while mounting a medium tank's cannon. So yeh, its a MikeyD favorite. :P

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I had to lobby hard to get Valentine into the game. Steve was originally not going to include it. He'd imagined Valentine numbers had petered out due to attrition by the title's timeframe.  But I provided documents with Valentine numbers in specific Russian units in the closing months, plus photo proof of their use in battle. Steve said he was genuinely surprised how many Valentines were still active. One reason why the Russian loved their Valentines was the darned things just didn't break. As reliable as a hammer. It also had a tiny light tank silhouette while mounting a medium tank's cannon. So yeh, its a MikeyD favorite. :P

Thank you so very much MikeyD for your hard lobby work, its great to have the Valentine (hopefully) in the game.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Haiduk said:

Too bad, the Churchill is my favorite western tank during WWII. Maybe someday we'll go back to the early years on the eastern front.

Game Engine 4 - an issue.  Don't know if this is the right place, but maybe someone can direct me if it isn't....?  With the changes to AFV crews buttoning up more quickly (which I truly like!) and being less susceptible to incoming fire, there seems to be a problem.  The AA weapons will not fire on tanks even with crews unbuttoned ("OPEN").  Not critical on tanks with turrets, but on the Achilles, for example, it means there is no "light fire", i.e., no MG fire at all.  And maybe this is just a gut feeling, but it appears that target acquisition in an "OPEN" position is not really better than buttoned up.  Maybe that's just me, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

3 hours ago, griffin33 said:

Game Engine 4 - an issue.  Don't know if this is the right place, but maybe someone can direct me if it isn't....?  With the changes to AFV crews buttoning up more quickly (which I truly like!) and being less susceptible to incoming fire, there seems to be a problem.  The AA weapons will not fire on tanks even with crews unbuttoned ("OPEN").  Not critical on tanks with turrets, but on the Achilles, for example, it means there is no "light fire", i.e., no MG fire at all.  And maybe this is just a gut feeling, but it appears that target acquisition in an "OPEN" position is not really better than buttoned up.  Maybe that's just me, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

Happy to answer here, but putting it elsewhere would be better.

Achilles and other US TDs had their AA MG on the back of the turret. If you have a target back there, yes, they'll shoot it at them. For more discussion, perhaps a copy and paste into its own thread would be best?

@MikeyD

Thank you for your successful efforts to get the Valentine into the game! Just so we know, did it take a bottle of good Scotch or what? Maybe we can cut to the chase and still get the Matilda in the module...

Way back in the 80's I was a navy diver and we did a training operation over the wreck of the Liberty ship SS JOHN MORGAN off the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay. It sank after a collision with another ship. 50+ souls lost KIA. It had Canadian-built Valentines... My ship was unsuccessful in recovering one but apparently somebody did get one since then.

Wreck of the John Morgan - Virginia Beach | ScubaBoard

19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

But I provided documents with Valentine numbers in specific Russian units in the closing months, plus photo proof of their use in battle. Steve said he was genuinely surprised how many Valentines were still active.

IIRC the Valentine production lines were kept running solely to meest Soviet demand.....Just as you say:

One reason why the Russian loved their Valentines was the darned things just didn't break. As reliable as a hammer. It also had a tiny light tank silhouette while mounting a medium tank's cannon.

They couldn't get enough of them!  ;)

So yeh, its a MikeyD favorite. :P

Me too.....Thanks for your efforts.  B)

On 1/25/2021 at 7:41 AM, MikeyD said:

I appreciate the interesting insight into the inner workings etc. and am thankful for your efforts sir! nicely done...:-)

bubba.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, Macisle said:

I was going to say the same thing. When you're close up and hit the sweet spot for light and shade, CMx2 can look damn good. Those are some nice textures on the Soviet uniforms! Especially the hats  -- very natural.

Upgrade 5? ...

Oh, boy. I've taken a number of long breaks from my project in the hopes that an upgrade would come along. I'd sure hate to get it out only to have one land right after.

Hmm...

I'm really late to the party.  RL stuff has been difficult.  Wait till you see the artwork for urban stuff.  Yeah I saw the somewhat negative comments, but the time has been well spent.  F&R is pretty amazing.  You'll be spending quite a bit of time just looking at all the options for appearances much less the toys.