Is there anything more satisfying..

Yup. Good stuff.

On the offensive, I really like when I can pull off using smoke to cover ATG setup to free up tanks to move to the next objective. Rinse and repeat -- ATGs to cover flanks/provide security against counterattacks, while tanks advance.

1 hour ago, Sulman said:

...Than towing an AT gun to  a spot you picked, dismounting and deploying it, and that little 6pdr making a difference for that whole flank. I love the crewed weapon mechanics in CM2. Fabulous.

As soon as I manage it I'll let you know.

1 hour ago, Sulman said:

...Than towing an AT gun to  a spot you picked, dismounting and deploying it, and that little 6pdr making a difference for that whole flank. I love the crewed weapon mechanics in CM2. Fabulous.

Here is one of the roles of the M4 Sherman. They provide cover while your AT guns or HMG position themselves. I never knock that tank there was a good reason they built fifty thousand of them. The 6-pounder had better armor penetration than the 75 mm. It could take on the Tiger's side between 500-1000 meters. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Here is one of the roles of the M4 Sherman. They provide cover while your AT guns or HMG position themselves. I never knock at tank there was a good reason they built fifty thousand of them. The 6-pounder had better armor penetration than the 75 mm. It could take on the Tiger's side between 500-1000 meters. 

I actually found a tank and HMG crew were ideal companions for the AT firing position. In defence (as this was) they get overrun very easily, and you need a good HE tank (75mm is perfect) and an MG to keep the crew from breaking while they hook the gun up to the track or whatever mule you've got to pull it.

Edited by Sulman
1 hour ago, Sulman said:

I actually found a tank and HMG crew were ideal companions for the AT firing position. In defence (as this was) they get overrun very easily, and you need a good HE tank (75mm is perfect) and an MG to keep the crew from breaking while they hook the gun up to the track or whatever mule you've got to pull it.

You don't live in a perfect world. The tank was for pursuit the AT gun for an anticipated counterattack. Once an AT gun fired it was gone. After WW 2 they were obsolete, they were cheap to make the Germans made 20000 PAK75 the reason the allies rather had the 75 mm than the 76 mm. The 17 pounder was about the practical limit. Already they had an experiment it was Rottkappchen (Little Red Riding Hood). A little rocket guided by 2 wires. Mmmm wonder were the Russians got that idea from. Panzerabwehrrakete X-7 Rotkäppchen | Weapons and Warfare