AAR - NATO H2H German Mech Arm vs Syrian Mech Arm

THH149

Howdy

Played this scenario a few times now and find it very interesting problem for the Syrians (as usual, they're overwhelmed).

The basic set up is that - at midnight - four Leopards and a company of troops in Marders with offmap artie - assualt an isolated village in a flat-ish plain defended by 4 T-72 TURMs and a company of BMP 2 enabled troops and 4 ATGM AT-4s.  During daylight this would've been a tough problem if the BMPs and AT4s get lots of spots.

The landscape is small ridge ahead of the town and then a flatish a depression on the german right, which is shelted from fire from the village, a handy place to form up and prepare to assault the village.  To get there, the Syrians drop a mixed 120mm MTR barrage on the zone which 

Instead, I sent the four leopards forward to the ridge, then blasted everything they could see slowly moving forward, scored a major victory pretty quickly with the Syrians surrendering. But they lost only two T-72s as the germans remained outside the town, so the syrians still had some dangerous armour. The germans had no casualties though they were a couple of times by RPGs which left the Leopards undamaged.

I flipped this one over and then played as the Syrians, set-up some nice ambush positions and got some nice kills.  The best result I could achieve was destroying three leopards and 14 marders, but still couldnt hold the objective zone and suffered bad casualties including all 4 T-72s. But, the action was intense, especially on real time play, so very enjoyable. The Blue AI seems to have only one attack: up the german right over the ridge into the depression and then turn left into the village, so a little predictable. The BMP2s and AT4 seem to have a problem spotting at night, so I had to help them a little with targetting, even point blank vs rear of Leopards!

It'd be great to add screen shots to show the results, but restricted to 13kb (weird!)

What do you think of this one?

Best

THH

31 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Thank you but how can people see it here? I have plenty of photo accounts but even trying to post a link doesn't work. All the best for 2021. 

Easily - Upload the screenshot to the image host and get the direct link URL to show it in this forum.

So here is my complete and overwhelming victory just by moving the Leopards forward (the rest of Blue Force stayed in its setup zone and didnt move or shoot) and doing all the work: 

Screenshot-42.png

Edited by THH149
clarity

Just looked at the scenario in the Editor, and most of the good Syrian weapons are manned by Green troops, so the Syrian result is even more amazing (the German result one isnt).

To win as Syrians, they'd need to inflict significant damage on the Germans, while keeping their own losses extremely low, as the German's have enough combat power to occupy the Victory Zone whenever they want.

THH