Patched Uniform mods not appearing`

Topkick

I've downloaded and unzipped  mjkerner's  "Ez Us Infantry Patched Uniforms Normandy", both khaki and OD. However, no matter which mod file I select, the color/patch is not showing in the game, The ez boots and gear mod does not appear in game either.  All other mods (vehicles, weapons, etc.} in the "Z" folder are working.  I've not only kept the "z" in front of the file name, I've added a couple more. Still no joy. They are all bmp files, so I am at a loss as to why they are not working. 

I'm using the (CMBN v.2) version of this mod with Engine 4 and they work perfectly, as my wounded guys from the 79th Infantry will be able to testify once they are released from a field hospital just off of the N803.

I think the v.2 version was based on mjk's original work, and it should still be available from the mod warehouse.

Lol, I should check my own files! My ‘puter fried itself 3 days ago (probably just couldn’t take all those pixeltruppen being slaughtered like sheep under my command) so I can’t check my files. I do have every CMx2 game and mods and whatnot backed up on an external HD. 

edit:  Oliver ‘n’ Cromwell: I *think* I redid the earlier CMBN versions when I was doing the CMFI uniforms when that game came out. Who knows? Obviously not me!  
It’s so nice to slowly lose one’s mind. Definitely better than losing ones head, though, eh Ollie?

Edited by mjkerner

17 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'm using the (CMBN v.2) version of this mod with Engine 4 and they work perfectly, as my wounded guys from the 79th Infantry will be able to testify once they are released from a field hospital just off of the N803.

I think the v.2 version was based on mjk's original work, and it should still be available from the mod warehouse.

The ones on the few good men mod warehouse are dated 2011, and the naming conventions don't work with CMX2. I've been renaming the files of the unit I want to use, a bit tedious but a work around. Do you have a link for the CMBN v.2 file you referred to?

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I thought that both the CMBN Khaki and Olive Drab uniforms were dated January 2019. as for providing a "link", I refer the Honorable Gentleman for Topkickingham to the answer I gave regarding marbles being lost at an earlier sitting of the House.

They were migrated to the WH in 2019, the files themselves are dated 2011.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

OK I've had a chance to go back to the folders where I store the mods which I'm currently not using in the campaign I am playing. The v.2 versions of the US Infantry Uniforms (both Khaki and Olive Drab) mods date from 6th April 2013. Only my Airborne mod comes from 2011.

Wonder were you got those from. Are the names in theCMX2 style  i.e "smod_american_m41_uniform", "smod_american_m41_uniform 2", "smod_american_m41_uniform 3"? The ones I downloaded from https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/ and cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net are not, they still are in the CMX1 style and dated 2011.

5 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

If you go to the Mod Warehouse's CMBN Infantry section, they are on Page 4 near the bottom. 

Those are the ones I am referring to: When I try use them, they don't work. Attached screen shot (bottom) is an example shows name format and date of the ones downloaded from the CMBN Mod Section. However, as I wrote previously, I have found a way to make the ones I want to use work with CMX2by renaming them (top Screen Shot). Easy Peasy.

image.png.74cfcdd5b3350a2af9b1684848d7a47b.png

image.png.02ac64fc80eb9db4e9dc5121ecc4b260.png

Edited by Topkick

8 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Top, those are the ones I did while I was modding the, at the time, brand new CMFI. I don’t know if they have been transferred to the new Mod Depot, and I can’t get to my files on the external HD until tomorrow . When I do, I can send them by Dropbox.

No problem good sir! I have a work around. 

4 hours ago, mjkerner said:

That top group is named correctly. The bottom group are the old ones. We’re they in the same mod file?  If so, I screwed up.

Nope, the top group are the ones I renamed, the bottom group is what I unzipped. I never did find a v.2 folder in any of the downloaded zips. But, like Sir Wars 'n' all put it, I did get it sorted out. I only need to rename the units I want to use. Thanks for the nice job on these, really adds to the game.

Just a final follow up on this.  I most definitely suffer from the dreaded CRS disease that tragically strikes  so many of us old coots.  I connected my external drive to my Surface and was able to track down the deal with these uniform mods.  The first batch was done in 2011 or '12 for the original CMBN and then around 2013 or '14 I did  versions for the US units in Italy.  In December of 2015, I redid everything and uploaded a set of uniforms for each theater, ETO and MTO.  Those are the ones on CMMODS now (page 4, as Wart's noted above).  Mystery solved!

@Topkick Perhaps you didn't scroll down Page 4 far enough. And downloaded the original ones by mistake.

CMBN Ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Khaki) (thefewgoodmen.com)

CMBN Ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Olive Drab) (thefewgoodmen.com)

These two folders contain the afore mentioned v.2 version, they are near the bottom of the page and appear side by side.

23 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@Topkick Perhaps you didn't scroll down Page 4 far enough. And downloaded the original ones by mistake.

CMBN Ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Khaki) (thefewgoodmen.com)

CMBN Ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Olive Drab) (thefewgoodmen.com)

These two folders contain the afore mentioned v.2 version, they are near the bottom of the page and appear side by side.

Clicked on your links, downloaded them and got the same CMX1 named files for both. See below. Like I said earlier no big deal, I only use one unit at a time, renaming is easy. Thank you for the effort!

Mod Page 4.PNG

CMX1 File Names.PNG