Features Requests/Corrections

On 12/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, John1966 said:

Opening the hatches makes a world of difference. I keep them unbuttoned unless the enemy is close (in which case they button up of their own accord pretty quickly anyway). And it's always worth getting some small arms fire on the AI tanks if they're unbuttoned so they close their hatches.

If the tanks are at a distance then it'll basically decide who spots who first and that might make a difference as to who wins a tank duel.

Although I've never "tested" it, if you're playing a big scenario, go round and unbutton all your tanks and you'll suddenly find they can see all sorts of things they couldn't see the previous turn.

The AI player's default appears to be unbuttoned.

It's hugely important on ww2 armour. The only problem is they're a magnet for small arms fire; you can close to well within small arms range and you won't be fired on until you dismount or unbutton. I learnt this the hard way with a Universal Carrier. Dismounnted the riders right next to an infantry position hitherto unseen and they got smacked.

I think the YouTuber Usually Hapless joked about this, referring to a panzer TC as 'I am important, please shoot me'.

Buttoned TCs are basically

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

An extremely minor feature I would love, would be a menu item for supply trucks, to alter the mix of what they have on board.

For example with Commonwealth, I often don't need 9mm (many nations don't use it); and I would love to able to buy more 2" mortar rounds (I often buy carrier platoons just for the ammo); 3" mortar rounds would be amazing (though obviously, you'd need to make it expensive); in urban maps, the option for extra .45 cal would come in handy; .50 cal wouldn't hurt (although plenty of vehicles store it); and I agree with those who've asked in the past for the option to be able to acquire grenades, rifle grenades and demo charges.

:)

Buttoned or unbuttoned but you can't leave the hatch open and just duck down when it gets too hot outside. Repeat again we should be able to use the attics of houses especially in Europe. Afterall our attic used to be my bedroom for ten years. To knock a few tiles out should take not more than a turn. 

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

The tactical AI will make crews duck down if it calculates the crewmember(s) are in danger.

My most enjoyable moment was when a .303 send a Tiger I packing. Much later I discovered the culprit. A sniper with his Lee Enfield. The Tiger Popped smoke and reversed with the red cross symbol. Since that day I let the direct firing over to the AI.  The Tiger Commander didn't duck fast enough. It makes sense, it is not Rorke's Drift with: "Aim Fire!" We will never figure out how the AI calculates. We winge when we are frustrated but glee with joy if it is the other way around.