[scenario] Busy Day for the CAAT Platoon (playtest)

marais

Interested in playtesting (or just playing) an under-development scenario, Busy Day for the CAAT Platoon

I got curious about how Marine antitank/antiarmor systems might operate against an enemy with good communications and capable sensors, and I started designing this scenario as an experiment. You're tasked with defending an area of countryside, vaguely modeled after a rural area in New England, against a German armored force. You've got a Marine rifle company, most of a Marine Weapons Company, LAVs, and a Dutch mech inf platoon (included for contrast).

Still to do: fine-tune units and AI for playability and challenge, adjust scoring, and finish writing briefing. I'm interested in comments about these areas, or you're welcome just to give the scenario a spin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9sj9ntzxckjq79/ADR Busy Day for the CAAT Platoon b11.btt.zip?dl=0

Requires both Marine and NATO modules.

2020-12-17 at 21.18.jpg

2020-12-17 at 21.20.jpg

2020-12-17 at 21.22.jpg

In 1302 a battle took place in Flanders. Flemish Infantry vs French knights using heave cavalry, the moment I saw this map, I had a sense of Deja Vu. I would deploy my infantry on the side of the river from which the enemy is coming. They will breakthrough but for heavy cavalry the terrain will be awful near the river. For the French, their attack became a disaster. History books call it today 'De Gulden Sporen Slag'. Battle of the Golden Spurs the Flemish traded the golden spurs of the surviving French knights. The ones who couldn't pay the ransom were struck over the head by a 'Morning Star'. It is a solid stick with a chain from which a spiked ball is attached. The Flemish name is a 'Goedendag' which translates as Good Day Sir (Knight). 

• 2 months later...