Might not be your AMD GPU...

aleader

I posted this in another thread about AMD load times, and thought it fit better in tech support:

Not to drag up an older thread, I didn't see a need in rehashing things.  Did you ever figure out optimal settings for AMD cards?  I recently picked up a 5700xt, and CM is giving me issues.  I noticed the long load times right off the bat, but it will also freeze and CTD after 30 secs or so.  I disabled everything in the forced settings in adrenaline and that solved the crashes, but wow did it ever look and run better on my 1060 3GB (with NCP settings applied).  I think it was the OpenGL triple buffering causes the crashes, but I need to test more. 

EDIT:

Ok, so like many, I was quick to blame AMD 😉  I could not get CMBN to work at all, no matter the settings. It looked and ran like garbage, and would just freeze up and crash right away in a game.  So, I installed SF 2 (Steam).  No issues, ran great (for CM), all mods, looks even better than it did with my Nvidia cards.  I was able to put all the settings back on in the profile (Supersampling, AF, Triple Buffering, etc).  I then installed CMFI big bundle.  No issues, all settings, runs great, all mods installed.  CMBS, same thing.  So, figuring it was CMBN, I deleted it all and reinstalled.  Voila, works like a charm now.  I don't get it, but obviously something got corrupted?  I have the all-in-one 4.03 installer.  This is on a brand new install of Windows 10, new B550 MB, R5 3600, and the 5700XT, so it wasn't old files or anything interfering.  

There is still the issue of some of the games not keeping shaders turned on between starts and battles.  SF 2 is having this issue right off the bat.  CMBN was fine, until I put my mods on, now I have to turn on shaders ever time.  More testing required...maybe the mods?

Edited by aleader