Returning users ...

Hi guys,

Haven't played CM for years, but I have the envy to play again :) I used to play on PBEM with CM1 on CM2.

I owned CMBN on CDROM bought when the game was released, I understand there are upgrade packs to the engine to get up to Engine 4. I have two questions :

On the manual, as I supposed there have been some change between the released date and now, the manual I've got with the game is the small booklet of 80 pages, how do I get the updated one ?

If I want to add the various pack like Market Garden for instance, will it work with the CDROM version of the game ?

Good to see the community is active on this wonderful series :)

cheers

Each new Engine comes with it's own manual which explains the new features. Likewise the Vehicle Pack and Battle Pack come with their own PDFs which will go into your original game folder. 

I can't answer you question on compatibility with your CDROM but hopefully some one know the answer. If not try the Help Desk.

Market Garden requires Game Engine 3 or 4: https://www.battlefront.com/battle-for-normandy/cmbn-market-garden-module/

I have no idea what version your CD has on it - honestly I hardly remember CDs still being sent out. :)

You can send support your question about what bundle or modules you can purchase and get to where you want in the best way possible.

I have CDs for all the CMx2 games and modules for which BFC issued them. Never had any problem upgrading them all to their respective current versions .  But, and it's a big but...let's talk about your big but (said in my best Pee Wee Herman voice), I did the upgrades as they were released, and only the last few (basically the version 4 stuff) were done using the full installer thingy.  Since the CD just installs the game (and the .exe) on your computer into a Battlefront directory the same as a download/install, it should work Okay. But I second Ian's advice to check in with the Support Desk, just in case. 

thank you guys, much appreciated :)

Also, I'm a little dumb ... the CD I've found is not CMBN but CMBO ... doesn't work on W10 anyway.

I found in my order the CMBN bundle bought on-line but also have issue to make it work on W10, trying the patch will see.

52 minutes ago, Roybon said:

thank you guys, much appreciated :)

Also, I'm a little dumb ... the CD I've found is not CMBN but CMBO ... doesn't work on W10 anyway.

I found in my order the CMBN bundle bought on-line but also have issue to make it work on W10, trying the patch will see.

Rather than struggle with it mate - if you don't get it to work, raise a support ticket and you'll be up and running in no time.

Edited by Combatintman

On 12/6/2020 at 2:59 AM, Roybon said:

Hi,

Apparently the relative hotkey functionality do not exist anymore and you have to bind all orders to a unique key, true ?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but there is a hotkey.txt file in the installation. You can modify it. There are also options (hotkey enabled) for how you want panning and rotating to behave, if that's your meaning.

Dave

hi,

yes this. in the old sequel, it was possible to bind key usually num pad and have it active for all control (move, combat, admin, special)

something like this:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

key 7 8 9 was equivalent to first row of command on the menu you where in whatever it is (move, combat, etc..)

4 5 6 was second row, etc ...

One more question if I can : are you playing real-time or turn based ? obviously I was used to turn-based and don't really see the benefit of real-time for this kind of game, but may be I miss something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, Roybon said:

One more question if I can : are you playing real-time or turn based ? obviously I was used to turn-based and don't really see the benefit of real-time for this kind of game, but may be I miss something.

Just read this and as you didn't get a response I thought I'd say I'm playing WEGO turn-based.  For me this is a great way to play, you can take your time to make sure every unit has the orders you want it to (although they may not always follow your orders 😉) and you're not constantly chasing your a*** in a frenzied click-fest like some other games.  Plus you can replay each turn any number of times from different viewpoints.  But then I suppose you already know all of that, so it might be interesting if someone who plays real-time says why they do.