Converted QB Map from CMBS

Jace11

One of my all time favorite maps is the CMBS Demo map from Black Sea with its rolling hills and detailed village. It features in at least two of the scenarios in that game.

I have converted it to work in Red Thunder. This wasn't easy, I have tried a few times before and it would never load. This time I deleted all the buildings in CMBS and then manually replaced them all after getting it to load in CMRT. A few extra tweaks were needed but not much. Kudos to its original author. This is Map 260 from Black Sea, (basically the meeting engagement version of the CMBS Demo map). AI plans are rudimentary but functional. 

LLShAD4.jpg

Town-Hills Meet 260.zip

Edited by Jace11

On 25/11/2020 at 17:23, Jace11 said:

L'une de mes cartes préférées de tous les temps est la carte de démonstration CMBS de la mer Noire avec ses collines et son village détaillé. Il figure dans au moins deux des scénarios de ce jeu.

Je l'ai converti pour qu'il fonctionne dans Red Thunder. Ce n'était pas facile, j'ai essayé plusieurs fois auparavant et cela ne se chargerait jamais. Cette fois, j'ai supprimé tous les bâtiments dans CMBS, puis je les ai tous remplacés manuellement après l'avoir chargé dans CMRT. Quelques ajustements supplémentaires étaient nécessaires mais pas beaucoup. Félicitations à son auteur original. Il s'agit de la carte 260 de la mer Noire (essentiellement la version d'engagement de réunion de la carte de démonstration CMBS). Les plans d'IA sont rudimentaires mais fonctionnels. 

LLShAD4.jpg

Town-Hills Meet 260.zip 151,28 kB · 21 téléchargements

Superb card indeed!

Thank you for the conversion

There is a (little) problem the lorry appears without texture

201202094143790868.jpg

If it's not a Studebaker (with some kind of skin issue) that's actually been placed there, then I think it's a flavor object mod? There should be 3 piles of rubble there. There is no truck at all when I open it, I'm guessing that's because I don't have any flavor object mods.

Edited by Jace11

On 11/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, Jace11 said:

One of my all time favorite maps is the CMBS Demo map from Black Sea with its rolling hills and detailed village. It features in at least two of the scenarios in that game.

I have converted it to work in Red Thunder.

I think this map is part of @George MC scenario map for CMRT Der Ring Der 5 Panzer.  If so it started life as a much bigger map (about 13 square kilometers IIRC).  I'm using a modified version (with permission) for my CMRT mini-campaign Alarmeinheiten.  You might want to get George's scenario 5 Panzer and check out the huge map.   If you like the smaller version you'll probably really like the 13 square kilometer version.  Below is a screenshot of a modified version of the original huge map.  There are many detailed villages in the huge version........:)

92oVkeGh.jpg

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I think this map is part of @George MC scenario map for CMRT Der Ring Der 5 Panzer.  If so it started life as a much bigger map (about 13 square kilometers IIRC).  I'm using a modified version (with permission) for my CMRT mini-campaign Alarmeinheiten.  You might want to get George's scenario 5 Panzer and check out the huge map.   If you like the smaller version you'll probably really like the 13 square kilometer version.  Below is a screenshot of a modified version of the original huge map.  There are many detailed villages in the huge version........:)

92oVkeGh.jpg

Correct :)

Well spotted :)

On 11/25/2020 at 4:23 PM, Jace11 said:

I have converted it to work in Red Thunder. This wasn't easy, I have tried a few times before and it would never load. This time I deleted all the buildings in CMBS and then manually replaced them all after getting it to load in CMRT. A few extra tweaks were needed but not much. Kudos to its original author. This is Map 260 from Black Sea, (basically the meeting engagement version of the CMBS Demo map). AI plans are rudimentary but functional. 

LLShAD4.jpg

Town-Hills Meet 260.zip 151.28 kB · 23 downloads

Thank you glad you like it. :)

As @MOS:96B2Pstates in his post it’s a heavily modified modernised version of a section from the CMRT Der Ring map. You can get the scenario on The Scenario Depot. 

Cheery! 

On 03/12/2020 at 08:33, Jace11 said:

Si ce n'est pas un Studebaker (avec une sorte de problème de peau) qui a été placé là-bas, alors je pense que c'est un mod d'objet de saveur? Il devrait y avoir 3 tas de gravats là-bas. Il n'y a pas de camion du tout quand je l'ouvre, je suppose que c'est parce que je n'ai pas de mods d'objet de saveur.

I have no flavor object mod on red thunder on the other hand I have mod tag can be it the problem, I deleted it in the editor so no more problem!
 thank you again Jace for this conversion

20 minutes ago, George MC said:

Thank you glad you like it. :)

Yet more evidence of your 'hugely' excellent work @George MC.  And in this case it's something I can look forward to as I have twice loaded up but never started Der Ring.  Once I get round to finishing a couple of other things I'll give it a go.  Hope your current ventures are going well (not looking for a bone, that's a different thread 😉)?

13 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Yet more evidence of your 'hugely' excellent work @George MC.  And in this case it's something I can look forward to as I have twice loaded up but never started Der Ring.  Once I get round to finishing a couple of other things I'll give it a go.  Hope your current ventures are going well (not looking for a bone, that's a different thread 😉)?

Thank you :)

Aye current ventures ticking away. Work has become tad manic so things slowed down personally a bit.

Cheery!

11 hours ago, Jace11 said:

I had no idea there was larger version already in RT, I'll check it out. Thanks George for these nice maps.

Thank you - my pleasure :)

Aye the CMBS map section was heavily reworked and modernised so in truth it’s unique. 

You should still manage to work out which bit of the Der Ring map it’s from.  But whilst they’ll be similar they’re very different! So your efforts have not been in vain to convert it back. 

Cheery!