Game Stats - Request for a Patch

THH149

I've been playing CMSF2 for a while now, and keeping track of the scenarios I've played against AI and H2H, and the results,  is now difficult.

Can a patch be added where the games played, results and Victory screen are displayed/reported?

For instance, I've played ATGM Ambush about 10 times to get my skill level up to no deaths/vehicle losses for the Amricans, but would love to know my overall win/loss rate for that game in the mix of all the CMSF2 games I've played. Also it will help me choose a scenario I havent played, and confirm to my H2H friend that I havent played what he's suggesting.

I'm sure these player stats are being used in the military version (or should be) so would be great to see it on the Steam version too.

Best

G-Man

Edited by THH149

A way you could manually implement it is set up a spreadsheet to list and record scenarios along with results. This way you an edit it any way imaginable i.e. as you play scanarios multiple times (note if you've edited the scenario in anwyay from stock. If you've played it H2H or solo etc.  I think there's hardcore players here who do this kind of thing using spreadsheets for collaborative created campaigns and game played with custom realism orders.

Also create a folder to put sceenshots of the results screen from which take info for data entry.

I like where the WW2 version is at following the R2V update but the modern version needed some love. Started some work but got sideline by other activities. A new version maybe after Christmas but don't hold me to that. :) Should be able to simple copy results across when the time comes.

Still no plans to merge the two together.

That sounds great Ithikial (checked out your YT and the vids are great).

I could do it out of game, but an ingame stats package makes the system more engaging 'cos its more to explore and dont we want to beat our/others stats.

PLus the metadata on what scenarios are balanced and which aren't will help scenario designers, and dont we want better scenarios to be added and revised/updated.

G-Man

More of a wish-list sort of thing, and not really in step with the OP, but I'd love to see more robust statistics tracked by Combat Mission and displayed for the player. Aside from win/loss ratio like the OP wants, more detail about the combat that took place in the debrief, and perhaps a cumulative page showing aggregate totals throughout the players 'career'.

For example

Rounds fired for each weapon type

Accuracy percentage for each weapon type

Most lethal weapon system

Distance traveled

Longest range kill

Average range kill

Penetration/deflection/partial penetration numbers

A complex rating that shows hit or kill percentage modified by shot difficulty (with range, target visibility, ordnance suitability, etc factored in)

Average play time per battle

Casualty percentage

And so on and whatnot. Combat Mission to me is so perfectly suited for statistical analysis, but we need the statistics. I'd love to see this sort of thing implemented in future versions of Combat Mission. It's something I've wanted for many years. Doesn't hurt to bring it up, even if it is unlikely to happen. I eat this stuff up and would pore over the numbers after every battle.