CMBS Doesn't launch - No black screen and no AV.

TexasWarbird

Hello, 

I have combat mission final blitz which launches with no issues. 

But I'm having issues starting CMBS. I see the process appear in task manager - but the game does not start.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 - 19041.630 

I've attempted various compatibility modes 

Below you can find a link to my Dxdiag

I have no AV and disabled the internal provided AV.

Specs as follows:

i7 8770k

GTX 1070

32GB Ram

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b_yHTRG5mtjUvID2n0jwT-jqL4COIq9e/view?usp=sharing

On 11/15/2020 at 12:57 PM, TexasWarbird said:

I'm having issues starting CMBS. I see the process appear in task manager - but the game does not start.

Have had that problem with CM2 games when I tried to load em onto my new Win10 system.  Will be interested in how you solve this.  Doesn't seem to affect many, but a few of us are experiencing strange issues like this.

I think the issue actually might be the Windows Defender AV. I don't know if it is possible to fully disable Windows Defender if you don't have another AV program to replace it. You may want to install an AV program (Avast, etc.) and add exceptions for all of your CM games ( their folders and executable files) and see if that changes things. I have no idea why one game would run, but another would have an issue.

Using a different AV than the built-in Microsoft Defender worked for one user, but I didn't hear of success or failure of that process with anyone else other than you (Erwin).

When a game doesn't launch then I suspect either a security program interfering (and often they may not notify you that they've interfered) or a problem with the installation. There are other possibilities, but those two usually account for a number of situations.

Sometimes the Event Viewer may list an Error or some other event with launching the games that might give a clue.