Predator drone

ncc1701e

I very much like the information sharing of what the drone sees and the ability to bring indirect fires with just the drone's LOS. It is pretty well done.

One thing I would like to ask that seems consistent to me with a 2007-timeframe. Would it be possible to add an armed MQ-1 Predator with two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles for the US player?

I see there is already the MQ-1C Grey Eagle in CMBS. I assume it is armed. Bringing this code back by patch in CMSF2, to add a MQ-1 Predator, then seems possible although it may not be desired today. I think it will add a lot of new possibilities to the game.

Thanks for your consideration

Edited by ncc1701e

+1 Indeed.

I am surprised they didn't add the Gray Eagle, since it's been around well before 2008.

It would be nice to see other NATO drones as well. In 2008 in Afghanistan the Canadians were extensively using the SAGEM Sperwer and the RQ-11 Raven.

Additionally:  

On 10/12/2020 at 4:24 AM, BarendJanNL said:

the Dutch made extensive use of the Sperwer and the ScanEagle in Afghanistan, AFAIK also in the CMSF timeframe. So I definately second the idea for more drones for NATO countries!

Well to be honest, I did not fully get it right there about the ScanEagle, because it had to be the RQ-11 Raven, the same as the Canadians (Which means less work for Battlefront to implement😀)

To compensate:

Sperwer in Afghanistan: 

Raven in Afghanistan: (1:50 - 2:12)

Not meant to hijack the thread, but had to correct my info.

6 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

The RQ-11B Raven is already available in the game for US Army or US Marines. The good news is that you can purchase the RQ-11B Raven for Canadian or Dutch armies in your own scenario. I have just tested it, it works fine. See these Canadians working with a RQ-11B Raven.

Yes, completely true. Therefore should be a complete non-issue to add it to the other NATO countries.

However, if you currently play a quick battle as the Canadians you won't get an option to purchase anything non-Canadian.

To best honest, I'd rather get an option to select "All Blue" and "All Red" forces as combatants in a quick battle setup. That would then also allow multi-national NATO ops, as well as a Syrian Army+UNCON mix, with the side-effect of giving Canadians and the Dutch some UAV's in QBs.

9 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

Are you sure? For me, the first flight of MQ-1C Grey Eagle was 2008, April 15th. The MQ-1 Predator is in CMSF2 timeframe not sure for its successor.

You're right - the MQ-1C might've been developed in 2004, but seems like it wasn't operationally deployed until 2010.

28 minutes ago, Roter Stern said:

Yes, completely true. Therefore should be a complete non-issue to add it to the other NATO countries.

However, if you currently play a quick battle as the Canadians you won't get an option to purchase anything non-Canadian.

To best honest, I'd rather get an option to select "All Blue" and "All Red" forces as combatants in a quick battle setup. That would then also allow multi-national NATO ops, as well as a Syrian Army+UNCON mix, with the side-effect of giving Canadians and the Dutch some UAV's in QBs.

Yes, you are absolutely right. It doesn't work in QB. And your idea is good for sharing equipment in QB.