Terror attack in Vienna, Austria

agusto

Hi everyone, altough i havent posted in quite a while, i am still playing Combat Mission occasionally, but my little daughter and job and university degree keep me too busy to have much time to play. Anyways i am posting tonight because there's an ongoing a terror attack in Vienna, where i live in Austria, that as of now left multiple dead, which i almost cant believe. Drove past the initial attack site on my bike just minutes after the shooting started while police hadnt cordoned off everything completely and i could still smell and hear the gun fire. I have a sick feeling in my stomach and i genuinely wish the attackers dead, i feel like i honestly want to do it myself. I want the attackers dead, all of them, a feeling that shocks me as normally i am a very peaceful person. I am now at home safe, but i still here helicopters overhead and can see police and military on the streets. Not the first shooting i saw, in fact i ve been much closer (i live kind of in not the best place you know), but this is just insane.

Also thanks to police, military and first aid services in Austria who are doing an incredible job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54786952

Edited by agusto

On 11/3/2020 at 2:12 AM, Erwin said:

Terrible.  And people wonder why travel restrictions are in place.

As bad as it is, travel restrictions have nothing to do with this. In another Great Country they did not stop „very fine people“ to shoot a (quite) peaceful protesters or to drive trucks into crowds.

At least we can start by stopping the folks who like to behead.   Alternatively, let everyone in without restriction no matter how violent or anti EU cultural values.  How's that working out for Europe?

Edited by Erwin

Oh, I was looking for topics on the US election, and now I found this.

Good to hear that you were not harmed, agusto!

There is really not much to say about this attack, except for one detail.

In one of the many videos of the attack, some Viennese dude (allegedly) shouted at the terrorist, in deep dialect:

"Schleich di, Du Oaschloch!"

Which translates to:

"F.ck off, ass.hole!"

That night, this guy summed up everything there was to say about it.

Stay safe and carry on,
Thomm

Part and parcel of living in a country with open borders, and politicians who show greater concern for so-called refugees than the safety of European citizens.

These attacks will only become more commonplace as the number of religion-of-peace people keeps growing. 

Thanks Merkel.