FB versus FI

So if I was feeling the need to dispose of some cash, which should I go for, FB or FI?  I have BN and RT and am WW2 focused for now.

FI bundle seems like a lot more content for the sale price of $95 (not so bad even with Boris' special Brexit exchange rates 🙄), but FB is slightly more in my usual interest (or should I say previous reading/gaming) zone.

Thanks for any opinions, even if the answer is to get both 😉.

CMFI will probably feel more different compared to CMFB...when comparing with CMBN...

If you can afford the bundle...go for it i say 😁...many ssems to hold CMFI as their favorit theatre...

You will get a brunch of new nations to play and by now it covers the entire conflict in that area...

And by the time your 'tour' in Italy is finished the CMFB module might be finished and avaliable as a bundle with the basegame...

Edited by RepsolCBR

I like the terrain in CMFI the best. I find the mountain combat to be particularly interesting with it's simultaneous long range duels and close quarters fighting over the peaks. It also starts in July 43 so there's so mid war stuff available. CMFB is a must if you're a Battle of the Bulge Fanatic. Honestly get both eventually!

Well, you'll be disposing of more cash with FI because there are multiple modules. If you're only talking basegame purchase that's a harder choice because FB and FI basegame are as different from BN and RT as they are from each other. Add a module to FI and you've got winter but its a different feeling winter than FB.

A joke of mine (that I've said before) is to know which one to buy have a friend make your decision for you. If you feel disappointed in his choice that means you always wanted the other one all along.

Thanks for all the advice so far.  As I expected you have confirmed that the question is not which one to get, but which one to get first 😉?

It's looking like the FI Bundle has pole position on content/price/differentness, but I am fond of a bit of Bulge action (battle-wise at least).

Hoho there will be blood and tears
like CMBN and CMRT will seem simple to you
when I started CMI, I felt like I had to learn to play again !!! it's a great game
Thanks for this post I hesitate to take FB because for some reason I can't explain myself I never had an attraction for this front. but I read here some arguments that will probably push me to a purchase

Okay, let the blood and tears commence...

Thanks to @BFCElvis for a pain-free purchase and install (not to mention my 300 Mbps broadband), I now have the CMFI bundle :).

We may be in for a 'dark winter', but I will be consoled by travelling to Italy's warm and sunny climes.  When I'm not in Normandy or on the East Front of course...

KG Peiper will have to wait for now 😮

Edited by Vacilllator

51 minutes ago, Falaise said:

Great
for the  the exotic atmosphere try the "Welcome to sicily" campaign
I used to play it with a hat for fear of getting sunburned 😄

Thanks my friend, will give it a go 👍

Hang on, I don't have a 'Welcome to Sicily' campaign, unless it's the 'Invasion at Gela'?

Edited by Vacilllator

It’s a user campaign, check out the scenario depot.

One more plug for CMFI.

I have to admit I did not originally have much interest in the project. The Italian theater always struck me as a third-rate sector, in RL, but CMFI is fascinating tactically, cool terrain and cool forces. Currently playing the Encore campaign, feb 45: mountain terrain, elite U.S. vs German mountain forces, Brazilian infantry with surplus WW1 U.S. equipment....hard to get more exotic, short of the Pacific....😉

FB. Came with the best maps out of all the CMs. There are like 5 full sized master maps and like 4 or 4 smaller ones. And THEN you have the scenario maps too.

Just wait until you find out that you can port these maps to other CM's. 

Edited by Artkin

18 hours ago, Sgt Joch said:

It’s a user campaign, check out the scenario depot.

Got it thanks plus a lot more.  Also went back to CMMODS3 which has a lot more vehicles and other stuff than CMMODS4?  I am using every vehicle of Aris' that I could find, I think I'm still short of a few but it's a good start.  Oh and got Juju's UI working nicely, with Ithikial's R2V addon.  Apart from that Aris' smoke and dust, Mord's portraits and Umlaut's loading screen picture compilations.  A busy download and install session.  Happy days 😁.

Edited by Vacilllator