Soviet Award

MOS:96B2P

In the below screenshot from CMRT a Soviet soldier is wearing an award on his right breast.  Is this a Guard Badge?  Does anybody know what the correct name for this award/badge is?  After I have the correct name I can look up more details on it.  Thanks.  

wBhXFF4h.jpg  

Thanks for the replies and links.  One of the provided links was for the Soviet Order of Glory.  I also found the Order of Glory on some of the uniforms (see below).  In the below screenshot, on the soldiers right breast is the Soviet Guards Badge.  On his left is the Soviet Order of Glory along with a third award. 

On 10/12/2020 at 2:14 AM, Lethaface said:

On 10/12/2020 at 2:20 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

It looks like a Guards badge to me.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:26 AM, OstapBender said:

nOcye7zh.jpg

I was curious about the uniforms / awards for a possible scenario idea I've been experimenting with.   I would like to make a CMRT scenario on a huge map where recon plays a significant role.  The player would use his recon assets to identify what Avenues of Advance were defended by Soviet Guards units and which were defended by Soviet Army units.  The Guards have better equipment and soft factors than regular Army units.  So the player could recon and identify the location of the weaker Soviet units (the location changes with the AI plan).  The player's small German Kampfgruppen would have better odds following the path of least resistance as identified by his forward recon units.  Or if he is looking for more of a challenge the player could decide to attack through the Soviet Guards units. :o:)

To make this work I needed a way for the player to be able to ID a difference between a Guards uniform and a regular army uniform.  Then I came across the below mod which creates a noticeable difference in the uniforms.  For the purposes of the briefing I wasn't sure what to call the award on the right breast (wasn't even sure what it was).  I think I've got it now.  Thanks.           

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=617

Radio operator, advise the kampfgruppen the village, up ahead, is occupied by a Guards unit. 

k0qRNlJh.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

4 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Red Army mission briefing .... Lie down comrades and hide your badges ... 😉

:lol: :D  In testing, it sometimes takes patience, on the part of the German recon, to get a good look at the uniform and make an ID.  It's best to catch them during their morning inspection formation.  B)  

On 10/15/2020 at 4:47 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looks interesting @MOS:96B2P  Wondering why you chose Sd.Kfz.22X series armoured cars (rather than Sd.Kfz.250/X halftracks).....Could it be for the wheels I wonder?  :ph34r:

:D  Yes.  But to be fair in testing I have one all wheeled recon platoon and one with a mix of wheels and tracks.  Even the tracks present the player with a dilemma / decision.  Open a way through the wire with a track but sustain track damage to a valuable asset.  Or spend more time and use a valuable demo charge. 

Also I assigned the wire to an AI group so the location of obstacles will change with the AI plan.  :ph34r:    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Blimey.....That's a new thing!  B)

How did you find that out (& what else does it work with we wonder)?  ;)

I think I found out about it when creating TOC.  However I didn't want to use up an AI group for just wire.  It also works for mines.  In theory it should work for all fortifications but I've not tested it with all fortifications.     

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

I think I found out about it when creating TOC.  However I didn't want to use up an AI group for just wire.  It also works for mines.  In theory it should work for all fortifications but I've not tested it with all fortifications.     

I know it works for IEDs (In CMSF obviously), you can get 'em inside buildings with a random plan.....Wonder if that would work for AP mines?  :ph34r: