AI intelligence RT versus BN

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

It's the same engine, so I assume AI intelligence is the same for both?  Only asking as I 'percieve' that the Soviets are a bit more linear and predictable.  Maybe it's intentional or maybe it's imagined (and I don't really mind) but just wondering...

If I'm understanding the question......... the AI intelligence is the same.  The terrain, TOE, some of the scenario designers etc. are different which can lead to missions with a very different feel. 

If you are looking for some good CMRT scenarios and campaigns I highly recommend anything made by @George MC.   Everything from the maps, to the TOE, to the AI plans and briefings are excellent.   

If you are comparing the stock scenarios that comes with the modules then it should actually be the other way around...

Early CMBN scenarios did not have the bennefit of triggers and only half the amount of AI groups compared to RT...

Further improvements have been made over the years...SF2 and RTV also benefits from added AI options like area fire, withdraw and face commands as well as more AI order slots...

All games have since been updated to the latest standard so they all have the same features for use in future scenarios...

Thank you @MOS:96B2P appreciate the kind comment :)

re @Vacilllator’s opening post. Assume you mean the AI plans i.e. strategic AI and how the AI controlled side coordinates it’s efforts? The tacAI i.e. how individual AI sub units react like vehicles and men is the same across the game engine. 

How the strat AI works in CMRT game engine wise is the same as in it’s the CMBN except older scenarios may not use additions to the AI plan process that became available to designers latterly - triggers, area fire etc. 

Then it’s how the designer uses the tools in the actual mission and plans how the AI co-ordinates it’s units. 

CMRT did see more people take up designing so they may also have been learning how to use the AI plan. 

This is a long winded way of saying how the AI controlled side reacts in CMRT is down to the designer and, for the older scenarios, limited AI plan tools to assist the AI player in coordinating its efforts. 

Cheery!

12 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

If you are comparing the stock scenarios that comes with the modules then it should actually be the other way around...

Early CMBN scenarios did not have the bennefit of triggers and only half the amount of AI groups compared to RT...

That is the sort of difference I was asking about I suppose.  Interesting I felt it was the other way round, perhaps it will feel different in other scenarios. 

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Man I was tired last night.....I thought RT was referring to 'Real-Time' play!  :rolleyes:

So ignore my waffle and listen to those guys instead!  :D

No worries, thanks for the answer anyway 👍.

Oh and thanks @MOS:96B2P and @George MC.  George will be well aware that I am very familiar with his excellent work 😉.  Having said that I'm pretty sure I've played more of his BN battles than RT ones.  Time to fire up RT again and look through the list of battles...

Edited by Vacilllator
Can't type.

Okay so I got distracted by my game in progress which is Myth of Invincibility by Kari Salo (hope Kari is around here).  Great battle, very nice map with some decent assets (Axis of course 😉) and challenging opposition.  So far so good, and I just got that lovely radio 'scratch' and this:

image.png.d7fcd0feef0f2da68e380a49b9b671d5.png

Love it ❤️.

Apart from the eastern front i'm actually longing back to Normadie...

Hopefully we will see some new scenarios and campaigns depicting the Normandy fighting that take advantage of all the modules and the vehichlepack...as well as all the improvements that has been made to the editor and gameplay...

It is currently quite a different game compared to when the original Normandy stuff was made...

Could be intresting 😁

Close-in bocage hedgerow maps tend to turn CMBN into a maze game that other titles don't really replicate. It may be the same AI intelligence but in CMBN it has different sorts of problems to figure out. In CMRT if a tank needs to get from point A to point B it simply drives over the hedge. 😋