Pixeltruppen are not equipping heavy weapons after giving buddy aid. Has anyone else seen this?

I have been recently seeing that for some reason my troops after giving buddy aid to fellows with machine guns or submachine guns, they are not picking them up (they themselves only carrying rifles or pistols). I have just seen it happen in Black sea, where my ukranians armed with ak didnt pick up the PKM of their falllen comrades; and I have seen it also in BN and FI, with german riflemen not taking MP40 or STG44. Also if I remember correctly it happened also with US riflemen not taking fallen BARs.

Has anyone else seen this?. I think this bug had to be introduced with the new patch as I dont remember having this problem before.

I dont know, if I have some free time later or tomorrow I will do some test in the editor, but for now lets see if I am imagining things, or someone else has seen this too.

Edited by CHEqTRO

• CHEqTRO changed the title to Pixeltruppen are not equipping heavy weapons after giving buddy aid. Has anyone else seen this?

Okey I just did a quick test with the germans in BN, and while riflemen will substitute their K98K for MG42 and STG44, they would not do the same for the MP40. Wondering if that is working as intended, with the rifleman prefering to keep their long range rifles over the short range of the submachineguns, thought in previous patches i would swear that they in fact did swap them for the MP40s.

I have still to test the rest of armies, specially the US and british ones, (plus the test I just did I only tested german Siecherungs. I wonder if grenadiers or panzergrenadiers would behave the same or not) but that will have to wait for other moment I am afraid.

Edited by CHEqTRO

Edit Okey, forget what I said, if you have had time to read it before I made the edit, I think i misunderstood what you were trying to say.

It doesnt seem that to be the case. In the test I just made the infantry carryng the MG42 were bombarded by an incessant quantity of mortar fire and they picked the guns still. I made multiple test (5 in total), so i would expect if that were to be the case to have atleast one case were they didnt pick the mg42, but in the 5 test I did, they always picked it.

Edited by CHEqTRO

40 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

They will pick up MGs and AT weapons, but not always, because there's a risk they have been damaged.

They will never pick up SMGs.

Are you sure about submachineguns? I would swear that they used to get picked up back in the day. If i have time I will reinstall Rt in the 3v game engine to test that.

And yeah I know they should take the MGs, hence why I made this post. I was just playing some BS and my Ukranians didnt take the PKMs in three different oportunities, plus I remembered that in some games I did on BN and FI they didnt take them neither, or atleast I was under that impression.

Plus I am not sure about the part that there is a possibility of the gun being "damaged". In the test i did 5 lmg teams were bombarded by multiple 81 mm mortar teams (Maybe 6 tubes for team) for like 2 minutes using the point target, and still the 5 mg were recovered. Next time I do some tests i will use 155 artillery and try it on atleast 20 teams, just in case your right

Edited by CHEqTRO

1 minute ago, CHEqTRO said:

Plus I am not sure about the part that there is a possibility of the gun being "damaged". In the test i did 5 lmg teams were bombarded by multiple 81 mm mortar teams (Maybe 6 tubes for team) for like 2 minutes using the point target, and still the 5 mg were recovered. Next time I do some tests i will use 155 artillery and try it on atleast 20 teams, just in case your right

I don't think it's about the amount of force used, but about a random diceroll.

47 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

Are you sure about submachineguns? I would swear that they used to get picked up back in the day. If i have time I will reinstall Rt in the 3v game engine to test that.

Yeah, my recollection was that SMG's are never picked up - only rifles and LMG's (unless there has been yet another patch that changed this).  IIRC this reflected the RL fact that rifles were more useful than short range SMG's since the ranges of combat were usually longer than we see in CM2 (due to most CM2 maps being smaller with shorter LOS etc).  

In a battle in CMFB I just finished, I am pretty sure my men have been grabbing the sub machine guns also at times. 

But my memory is not worth much any more, so a little testing should verify that question for you.

But I was having to grab every important weapon dropped to have a chance to keep the fire power I needed. So I am pretty sure i would have noticed if too many smg's did not get snagged.

Well, I have made more test, this time with the americans and the english and they all picked up the weapons without any problem. (I tried it with multiple teams, and unless i missed something, all weapons were retrieved so it doesnt seems like there is a mechanic depicting possible broken guns, thought there is the possibility of extreme RNG interfering or that the guns are considered broken after some other factors that I didnt consider, like the time they are dropped before being picked up.

And in the case of submachineguns, the english did picked them up funnily enough, so maybe it just depends in the formation.

Nevertheless, after all these tests I have to conclude that I was wrong, or that there are other factors at play that I am not considering. I may retry some test in the future, especially in BS, but for now, unless someone else comes and says that he has seen something similar, I am going to have to accept that i was just imagining things up.

Edited by CHEqTRO

oh, there is times that they do not pick up the weapon, like was said, its to depict that the weapon is not functioning.

ALSO , THE UNIT GIVING AID CAN BE A FACTOR, MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE BOLT ACTION RIFLES, IF NOT, THEY MIGHT NOT PICK IT UP

In otherwards, there is a priority of which weapon is better, they will not exchange, even if they are low on ammo for what they have.

If its the same weapon, they might get the ammo and grenades when they pick up.

But I recall smg's will not get picked up for almost anything other than a bolt action rifle

In the current update of CMFI (the only up-to-date title I am playing at the moment), Commonwealth troops will never pick up SMGs unless the soldier actually administering aid is armed with only a pistol - and will only pick up SMG ammo if the soldier actually administering aid can use it.

Otherwise they will pick up LMGs, AT weapons, rifle, MG and AT ammo, and mortar rounds sometimes. There is a limit how much ammo they will pick up - e.g. if administering aid to an HMG unit with a surplus of ammo (thousands of rounds), they may not pick it up.