Aris CMFB

Not sure what you mean by a "pack".  I have about 1TB of Aris vehicles in my CMFB folder alone plus his additional mods for other items.  I thought I had 2TB, but that was in my CMRT folder that I looked at in error.

Trying to keep up with what are the best mods, what mods work in which games, and which mods are obsolete thanks to new patches and upgrades has become a major PITA.  That's why I envy newcomers to this game.  You can start your mod folders with only the best mods that actually work in the game.

Edited by Erwin

I am pretty sure that Aris never made anything that comes near a "complete pack" of mods for FB. He made a few mods for FB, before he disappeared - but not many. And those he made should all be in Cmmods 3 or 4.
I have 2,4 GB of Aris mods in my FB mod folder, but most of those are his mods from other games that I am just using in FB.

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

But are those mods made for CMFB or just mods for CMBN that you copied to CMFB? Did you ever verify that they actually work?

This is the problem with the current state of mods and the numerous updates and patches.  It would take weeks if no longer full time to figure them all out.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:19 AM, Erwin said:

It's an unfortunate phenomenon that most of our best modders eventually burn out and vanish.  Sometimes they return and/or lurk on the forums but they are burnt our shells of their former selves.   

Yes, there's nothing quite as terrifying as the thousand yard stare of a former CM modder.

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Yeah alot of modders have gone dark. VEIN had some pretty awesome uniform mods. They only have half of them on the warehouse. Anybody have his US uniforms or Russian?

Vein is still around.

Just PM him, he always preferred getting people files that way.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, Bulletpoint said:

I don't think there was ever an Aris pack for CMFB. I tried using some of his CMBN mods for CMFB, but found they didn't work, or only worked halfway - Panthers with modded hulls but stock textures for the turret etc.

I have about 1.2 GB of his vehicle mods all labeled „FB“ or „CMFB“. All-in-one packs for the Pz IV, Panther, JgdPz IV, StuG and StuH, plus individual mods for the Hetzer, Stuart, Jagdpanther, M8 HMC, M10, Sherman Jumbo and Tiger.

In addition his terrain mod B with another 800 MB.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Yeah alot of modders have gone dark. VEIN had some pretty awesome uniform mods. They only have half of them on the warehouse. Anybody have his US uniforms or Russian?

I would have his Russians, plus the US for FI.

Strange, no US for BN. I have to go searching for that...

Slightly different topic: Aris‘ Germans for FI are excellent.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Kicking a dead  sleeping horse here...  Aris had posted a terrain mod in two parts for CMFB on GAJ's site:

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=4038

Part A downloads fine.  Part B, not so much.  I've tried downloading it several times and it has always timed out at the very end of the download.  That's frustrating enough, because it's nearly half a gig.  I started one last time in Chrome, last night and it dl'd all 490 MB and seemed to be waiting on that one last byte...  it was still waiting this morning.  I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox.

The files are not listed on Bootie's site.  The Worghern mod says it uses some of Ari's textures.  I suspect that the trees in this mod could be Ari's, but without Part B to compare, I'm not sure. 

In particular, I'm looking for something to replace the snow covered pine trees.  I've done a little modding for personal use, but I cannot figure out how these trees, bushes and crop files work.

38 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I know that Bootie has the folders. (I sent them to him.)    He is probably overwhelmed by the amount of mods that exist, so be patient. 

FYI:  Part A is 408MB, and Part B is 843MB.

Excellent...  As for file size, I was just going by what was listed on GAJ's.  Thanks for the reply; I know Bootie has his hands full

4 hours ago, Rake said:

Kicking a dead  sleeping horse here...  Aris had posted a terrain mod in two parts for CMFB on GAJ's site:

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=4038

Part A downloads fine.  Part B, not so much.  I've tried downloading it several times and it has always timed out at the very end of the download.  That's frustrating enough, because it's nearly half a gig.  I started one last time in Chrome, last night and it dl'd all 490 MB and seemed to be waiting on that one last byte...  it was still waiting this morning.  I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox.

The files are not listed on Bootie's site.  The Worghern mod says it uses some of Ari's textures.  I suspect that the trees in this mod could be Ari's, but without Part B to compare, I'm not sure. 

In particular, I'm looking for something to replace the snow covered pine trees.  I've done a little modding for personal use, but I cannot figure out how these trees, bushes and crop files work.

I just had a look and found that I have the mod backed up. I have it all in one folder - A+B - the trees are separate for some reason, might be some organising I did ... they're by BenPark apparently, and are different than those in the Worghern mod. You can temporarily grab the whole thing here in lieu of Bootie getting around to uploading it.

Let me know when you have it so I can remove the files.