The British Forces Campaign - Highland Games

Second try on the counterattack and I got another tactical V w the enemy surrendering w a lot of time left.  So I'd say it's pretty well designed -- the enemy hit me hard even when I knew what was coming. 

Now onto the nasty-looking next battle.  Looks like nice places for enemy to launch ambushes.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old flowchart is for the SF1 version ONLY. While the order of the battles and what happens next has not changed, the rest, refit and resupply variables have been modified to reflect the updates in

New and better enemy AI. Also with the patch improvements to soldiers staying in cover and not running away or toward you, your opponent is tough and fights very hard. Patience, recon by fire, objecti

Or you could remember stuff, stop assuming and read the briefings maybe?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Second try on the counterattack and I got another tactical V w the enemy surrendering w a lot of time left.  So I'd say it's pretty well designed -- the enemy hit me hard even when I knew what was coming. 

Now onto the nasty-looking next battle.  Looks like nice places for enemy to launch ambushes.

Be sure to name a saved game so you won't forget it at the start of this mission. This will give you a chance to come back and take the other branch of the campaign. 

If I were to start this campaign with the current PLT HQ units not able to call in support and the game got a patch to address this issue during my playthrough, would it be likely that I would have to restart the campaign to get the fix? If so I'll just hold off on playing it until a fix is out. 

You'd probably find varying opinions about that. For me, I would say it didn't matter that much. A Challenger can call for fire. In a number of the scenarios I would say I didn't make full use of the fire support I had (I know, sacrilege from a former artillery officer). I didn't always need it. 

I'm sure Erwin would say wait.

I can suggest a compromise - start, make sure to save at the beginning of each new mission. Then if you run into a situation where you feel you don't have assets to control artillery, take a break and wait for the fix. The campaign is long enough that it will take you a while anyway. 17 scenarios, I think, if you play both forks.

I can't say for sure, but it's a game issue, not a campaign issue, so *I think* that the saves would be compatible, so you wouldn't have to start over. During testing even when a new version of the campaign was put up after changes, I was able to start from the save I had made at the beginning of a scenario. 

Just a thought. Up to you

Dave

I have nothing but fun with this campaign.  Others disagree.  I never even noticed the PLT HQs could or could not call in fire because I don't like using such lower level units to call for arty (delays & accuracy) when there's anyone higher available.  And there was always someone higher available so was not an issue for me. 

Sounds like I am going to be using a lot of arty as I get into Damascus.  Later, I hope I can get the contracts to rebuild what I destroy.  That would be a really good end-to-end business -- get paid to destroy things and then paid to replace them.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the 'choice' scenario, capturing OBJ Damascus.  Was delayed due to stupid day job getting in the way of good fun.  I was so computer-ed out by end of day I wasn't finishing the battle.  So got a major V, taking OBJ in last minute.  Had to rush and took 6 casualties right at the end, dang it.  Good battle and I actually for once had a plan that worked well relative to enemy & terrain.  So Her Majesty's military command and allies are so pleased they are rewarding me with brutal MOUT missions?  ouch.  First one looks tough -- "Aadra adversity".  I would prefer something like "Aadra they have no idea the Brits coming and are totally unprepared and lightly armed"

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

First one looks tough -- "Aadra adversity".  I would prefer something like "Aadra they have no idea the Brits coming and are totally unprepared and lightly armed"

No such luck. That would be nice, wouldn't it. Drive through and wave to the crowds. 🙂