Whose Turn Is It Question

Yep, that's it: if there are files in known dropbox folders and the incoming and outgoing folders then WTII thinks they are new. The new version has the ability to ignore games. That way if your opponent's turn manager keeps putting .ema files back in dropbox or you don't feel like cleaning up your email directories you can just right click and say ignore to those files.

No I don't have an eta for the next version - sorry and I'm starting a new job soon too so who knows. :)

• 8 months later...

WTII isn't working for me any more - not sure if it is the latest Java upgrade or the Big Sur upgrade. It opens and does its thing but I can't interact with it - it won't let me select the menu or right click within the screen. If another window is open it won't even come to the front when I command-tab to it.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I uninstalled and reinstalled Java, haven't tried that with WTII yet.

Any update on the update @IanL?

2 hours ago, liamb said:

WTII isn't working for me any more - not sure if it is the latest Java upgrade or the Big Sur upgrade. It opens and does its thing but I can't interact with it - it won't let me select the menu or right click within the screen. If another window is open it won't even come to the front when I command-tab to it.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I uninstalled and reinstalled Java, haven't tried that with WTII yet.

Any update on the update @IanL?

Yeah I can’t even install WTII now. Its not picking up Java exe even when pointed to it. 

Edited by George MC

• 2 months later...

I experience a problem with WTII since recently, on MacOS 11.5.1 (the trouble may have started with the upgrade from 11.4, though I think it started before the update). What happens is this:

WTII starts without problems and reads & updates the situation perfectly. The trouble is that WTII does not show any menu items, neiter from the menu bar icon nor from its regular menus. All Finder menus are also dead. I can change to other apps via Dock or open app windows, which also restores Finder menus. As it is, I cannot refresh manually and I can only quit WTII through Force Quit.

Has anyone had similar problems, and maybe even a way out of them?

I downloaded JRE today to try to get WhoseTurnIsIt to work (have used CM Helper in the past, but cannot get it to work with the newer titles) but unfortunately I run into a variant of the problem described above - nothing happens when I press 'No' or 'Yes' in the dialogue window and I cannot access the menues.

CMCW-4.thumb.jpg.e2534d77ac091f754e1bcf3914f5e777.jpg

Edited by G. Smiley

2 hours ago, Probus said:

@IanL,

Your PBEM tool is awesome BTW. I would love to see one more update with little tweaks for us PBEM junkies. Do you know if the updated version Battlefront is working on for the Steam CMCW will do everything your app will do?

Actually I'm going to add support for turns that arrive via the new system to WTII? I don't have full clarity on how it will all work but I do know the turn files will be seen by WTII so I need a way for players to tell me that's what they are otherwise the two systems will be in conflict - which is bad.

Ian

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 11:29 AM, G. Smiley said:

I downloaded JRE today to try to get WhoseTurnIsIt to work (have used CM Helper in the past, but cannot get it to work with the newer titles) but unfortunately I run into a variant of the problem described above - nothing happens when I press 'No' or 'Yes' in the dialogue window and I cannot access the menues.

CMCW-4.thumb.jpg.e2534d77ac091f754e1bcf3914f5e777.jpg

Having this same problem on my Macbook Pro M1 Pro..

16 hours ago, hm_stanley said:

Having this same problem on my Macbook Pro M1 Pro..

I am afraid that the latest version of the Mac OS causes WTII to fail to run. I have a possible solution on my todo list but I have not go there yet.

Sorry and I hope to get this resolved at some point.

9 minutes ago, LutzP said:

Thanks for trying to keep up with that! I wonder when Apple will stop fooling around with their OSs …

Who knows. I need to find a way to be more plugged into what they are changing. One big road block for me is I don't have a Mac. I have to get other people to try things out - not a great way to develop software. Typically I would send code I know works to other people but for the Mac I have to send code I have never run before. Thankfully I have developer friends to have Macs that help me out.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:22 AM, IanL said:

Who knows. I need to find a way to be more plugged into what they are changing. One big road block for me is I don't have a Mac. I have to get other people to try things out - not a great way to develop software. Typically I would send code I know works to other people but for the Mac I have to send code I have never run before. Thankfully I have developer friends to have Macs that help me out.

happy to test something if you implement a fix.