Another modtag question : mountains and voices

1/ In the base game, no.

2/ YES, very much yes! For H&E the [mountains] tag activates different ambience, horizon, gun shot sound trails, new crops (including your poppy fields) & alternative tree models.

H&E is chock full of tags which content creators can use to activate different environments, model swaps, uniforms & even different era's.

Nice I thought you might know the answer.

Okay I was trying to add the CMA Afghan voices to SF2 but I had a feeling pixeltruppens were babbling less than usual so I wasn't sure whether it was working properly or not. Also I was still hearing arabic voices. Now I realize part of the problem is that in order for it to work fully you have to remove the additional Syrian voices in HQS. So this isn't ideal. I wanted to include the Afghan voices in my Taliban mod but it is probably going to be too much of a hassle for most people to have to delete the extra voices in HQS every time. Anyway you won't have that problem with H&E since the idea is to have it as a separate install right?

I think it is good to keep it modular, so there isn't one single modtag for everything but separate ones for individual modifications. This way scenario designers can pick and choose.

By the way did you find custom voices for the opfor in H&E?

Technically H&E does not require a seperate install... however it should be added to an empty mod folder.

However I used a new sound mod & a selection of HQS voices (mostly for the modern era Blue/NATO stuff) to try & deter people away from using other mods (which will inevitably start interfering with stuff).

@rocketman helped me greatly with the Vietnamese voicemod (the initial versions were heavily Chinese).

As for the Afghanistan voices... remember the HQS voice mod is designed to be put on top of base CMA not CMSF/CMSF2... for my Afghanistan videos*, I extracted all of the DRA/Mujahideen voices from CMA, added the HQS mod on top of that, subdued it all (to fit in with the soundscape I use) & then renamed everything "arabic".

This seems to provide enough voices to cover up the base game arabic.

*The exception being the first one "Canadians in Kandahar" (yet another @Combatintman scenario)  where I had the same "arabic voice bleedover" issue.

Edited by 37mm

Right yes I noticed the Afghan voices in your vid. Nice touch.

I need to figure what it is I am doing wrong because I renamed both the CMA voices and the HQS additional Mudjahid voices to arabic, that took a little while, but now I shouldn't hear the default voices. And my linguistic skills are not the greatest but I got a hunch "Yallah! Yallah!" isn't Pashtun.

Thanks for the help.

"took a little while" implies you did it individually .wav file by .wav file.

I use "bulk rename"... it takes me seconds to swap voice files from one game to another & it's done accurately.

Base game CMSF2 features 249 Arabic voices.

I have 418 Afghan voices in my Afghanistan Modpack folder (CMA & HQS).

However, I have 502 Syrian voices in my Syrian Modpack folder (CMSF2 & HQS)... plus an extra six or so for artillery.

If you want a mod to cover both you're going to have to duplicate/add an extra 84 voice files.

Edited by 37mm