Problem creating campaign-missing units.

gallycadet

I have a problem when creating an edited campaign. When I play the scenarios individually, they play fine. I have updated the core force file for the second scenario, with the data from the first. When I compile the campaign, and start campaign play, half the forces on the map in the first mission are gone, and or, units mounted in vehicles now have no vehicles present.

I go back to playing it as a single scenario, and everything is fine. 

Any advice? Thanks in advance. 

I don't really understand what you mean with this line...

11 hours ago, gallycadet said:

I have updated the core force file for the second scenario, with the data from the first. 

That is not something you usually do...the core units are core units...you usually do not change that file between different scenarios in a campaign.

10 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

I don't really understand what you mean with this line...

That is not something you usually do...the core units are core units...you usually do not change that file between different scenarios in a campaign.

I think you've found the problem there - I didn't read the OP properly.  Just to reinforce the point - the Core Unit Force file contains those units that will take part in the whole campaign and only units in that file are tracked and subject to losses or resupply/equipment repair/replacements between missions depending on your campaign script.

In simple terms, if your campaign has A Company as the core unit in the Core Unit File and in mission 1 the whole company is present and the first platoon gets wiped out then if mission 2 requires the whole company, the first platoon will not appear unless your campaign script says that it receives replacements.

Bottom line once you've made the Core Unit File, you don't touch it again.